Property Maintenance Engineer Job at Childrens Day Care Company Limited in Croydon
Childrens Day Care Company Limited are looking for someone who can work independently and understands that children’s safety and wellbeing are a key priority.
The successful candidate will:
- have an understanding of working in a child-centred environment
- have a good standard of maintenance experience
- have experience of carrying out DIY tasks
- have a good level of health and safety experience
- be committed to receiving further training
- be friendly with good communication skills
- have good organisational skills
- be able to work effectively as part of a team or alone
- be flexible with working patterns when the work required cannot be completed when children are present
- have a clean driving licence and able to confidently drive a van on occasion
- pass an Enhanced DBS check with 2 work or education references and 1 personal reference
- be flexible as will be required to cover all of the nurseries in Cobham, Croydon, Hampton Court, Molesey, Morden, South Norwood and Sutton.
The role involves:
- DIY tasks
- Light structural building such as partitioning
- plumbing/unblocking drains/installing new sinks/toilets
- simple electrics
- general caretaking maintaining supplies etc.
- management of contractors
- ensuring the health and safety of children and staff
- anything else the operation of the nursery requires.
This is a permanent post for 32 hours per week, £12.50 per hour, 5 days per week including either a Saturday or Sunday and may including some evenings, usual hours would start at 6:30 am with flexible finish times agreed with line manager, all year round, with 28 days holiday including bank holidays, overtime may be available. The successful candidate will make an active contribution to creating a safe and stimulating environment for learning and play.
As the Nursery Caretaker, you will work to ensure the security of the buildings, carrying out maintenance work and monitoring the repair and maintenance work of others. Having your own tools would be an advantage but not required.
In return, we can offer a supportive friendly environment where everyone is valued, and share the same vision.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.50-£14.75 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programmes
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Initial interview via zoom
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Driving licence (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Childrens Day Care Company Limited
Company Location: Croydon