Project Officer – Engineering Job at BBS Recruitment Ltd – in Yate
BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Officer in a temp position for our client. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, BBS Recruitment has access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
Purpose of role:
This role manages and delivers strategic and complex, transport and highways infrastructure projects to enable the delivery of maintenance and management of highways infrastructure and transport and planning investment ambitions for the council.
The post-holder will lead and manage the work of project individuals, teams and external consultants, working across different engineering disciplines. Manage the development of transport schemes to support the highway maintenance, housing and transport needs of the Authority.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- May lead, motivate and develop a team, with overall responsibility for technical, enforcement and regulation services.
- Plan and organise work and influence and input to the preparation of plans and budgets for the service, taking account of external developments and priorities. Ensure that work is completed to set time scales.
- Develop and implement up-to-date policies and procedures in own specialist areas in conjunction with senior members of the team. Interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and apply them consistently.
- Organise and control the work and if relevant, budget of teams in specialist area to ensure targets are achieved, that work meets the required standards and the contribution of expertise is co-ordinated.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex technical issues ensuring that they are successfully implemented and that any issues with wider implications have been raised and consulted with.
- Provide expert and prompt advice to customers and partners on major issues in own specialist areas ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained and that the Council is aware of implications, risks and benefits.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of reports on complex issues. This will ensure that reports are completed on time and meet Council guidelines and a clear summary of issues, progress and implications is produced.
- Determine compliance with Council policies, regulations and codes of practice monitoring standards and enforcing decisions using sound judgement. As appropriate reports and recommendations are prepared for senior managers and enforcement decisions are implemented.
- Lead and manage complex projects as a technical expert for your area.
- Contribute to identifying and securing adequate resources to support service projects.
- Be the Council’s expert witness as and when required.
- Able to negotiate and influence, to secure cooperation and develop / maintain good working relationships with a range of stakeholder.
- Broad knowledge of national local government structures and policies.
- Examples of successfully delivering projects using key project management skills (budget management, risk mitigation etc).
- Excellent ability to analyse Civil Engineering problems and applying an engineering judgement to develop, design and implement creative yet appropriate solution to often complex and sensitive issues.
- Considerable work experience in highways and transport development control and managing the technical functions.
- Degree or equivalent level of experience.
We do receive a significant number of applications for these roles and are unable to reply to each one, if you do not hear from us within two weeks, please note your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Reference ID: BBS/SouthGlos
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £21.00 per hour
- Do you have a degree or equivalent level of experience?
- Engineering: 1 year (preferred)
Company: BBS Recruitment Ltd –
Company Location: Yate