Project Manager / Engineer Job at Selwyn Stevens International in Plymouth
One of Plymouth’s most exciting and expanding, world leading high technology business who are market leaders in the design and manufacture of manned and unmanned submersibles for Scientific & Research and Military applications are looking to recruit a person who wants to push the boundaries of marine science.
We are looking to hire a Project Manager / Project Engineer to become a valued member pf the Project Management team.
· Completes engineering projects by organising and controlling project elements.
· Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
· Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
· Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
· Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
· Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
· Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
· Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
· Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
· Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
· Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Would you like to work for a dynamic, forward thinking, ground breaking business based in Plymouth that puts their staff first. We are looking to recruit a Project Manager / Engineer who is interested in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and submersible design.
We have a flexible working environment where you can start early and leave early or visa versa.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Project Management Experience
2. Experience of managing budgets
3. Maritime Military experience (Desired)
4. Mechanical / Electrical engineering experience
5. Degree qualified (Desired)
If you are interested in working for a business that will support and develop you, promoting a high rate of personal growth, and allow you to have an impact on the business, then please answer the attached 2 questions and apply with a copy of your CV.
Reference ID: SSI-MS-2492
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Project Engineer: 1 year (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Selwyn Stevens International
Company Location: Plymouth