Project Engineer Job at Lifescan – in Inverness
Join us at LifeScan, maker of the iconic OneTouch® brand diabetes products to bring to life our mission to deliver personalized health & wellness experiences that engage people to live their best lives. LifeScan has had an unwavering commitment to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by developing agile products defined by simplicity, accuracy, and trust to enable knowledge, wellness and health. We have virtual, dynamic and on-site employees in markets around the globe.
At LifeScan we believe our talented and passionate team is what makes us special. We inspire excellence and teamwork through our Shared Values of Care, Create, Connect and Compete.
We have a great opportunity for a Project Engineer based in Inverness, Scotland to join our high performing organisation.
About the role:
- Initially, and under guidance, the ideal candidate will be responsible for;
- Coordinating, managing and supporting project leads using the project management tool smartsheet.
- Collaborating cross functionally with other technical and business leads to manage purchase requisitions for the BGM Engineering groups.
- Supporting Process Engineering with product performance, including data Analysis/RRT/Sustaining and day to day activities
Training will be provided for this role in Data Analysis, Purchase Ordering, Product Knowledge and Smartsheet project management.It’s truly an amazing opportunity to join and support a highly professional team whilst offering a service which you can be proud.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in Process Engineering activities in line with the technical vision of the organization and its relationship to the engineering strategy.
- Provide updates to leaders, business partners and other members of the engineering group, assuring active participation in performance management.
- Create, manage and receipt purchase orders as required. Ensuring finances are regulated promptly.
- Assess the use of smartsheet and use in a working environment.
- Manage purchase orders across BGM Engineering.
- Conduct mastercontrol searches, document creation across BGM Engineering.
- Deliver to the engineering team objectives.
- Train on smartsheet
- Provide detailed input to annual budgeting cycle including the needs for consultants, materials usage, equipment, and people needs.
- Own the relationship with some internal and external colleagues or partners.
- Oversee multiple cross-functional or global projects through smartsheet management.
- Develop oneself through team training objectives, product knowledge, equipment learning.
- HND or BSc in relevant Science or Engineering subject is desirable but not a must have.
- SMBG product and systems design and manufacturing knowledge
- Manufacturing process and industry knowledge.
- Understanding of diabetic customer needs and clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Financial knowledge relating to purchase ordering.
- Communicate complex technical material to non-technical audiences.
- Key working relationships:
- Internal: BGM Engineering, Strips/Devices/Product/GPL.
- External: Material and equipment suppliers
We pride ourselves in creating a fantastic team environment that allows everyone to grow and develop. Therefore, its important to us that you have:
- High Emotional Intelligence with an ability to manage large, multi-cultural teams
- Able to recognise and welcome diversity
- Flexibility and a solution oriented approach
- A spirit of continuous improvement
What you will gain from the role:
It is an exciting time to be joining the Lifescan team as we are developing and improving the Supply Chain function. We believe that our people and excellent working relationships are at the heart of our success. Together, we create a good team spirit and friendly atmosphere to make it a great place to work, learn and develop.
By supporting and caring for our customers you will have the opportunity to gain that sense of achievement and moment of pride we all desire.
Of course, it goes without saying that we will support you to develop both personally and professionally whilst rewarding your performance.
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your passion for success then this would be the right role for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Lifescan –
Company Location: Inverness