Project Accountant – Inside IR35 Job at Public Sector Resourcing – in Home Based
Contract Term: Until 31st March 2022
Contracting Authority: BEIS – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Location: Full Remote Working
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
We are looking for a Project Accountant who will support our change portfolio. You will provide financial guidance and advice regarding all financial matters. Supporting business case development & completing monthly reporting activities.
As an Accountant, your main responsibilities would be:
· Produce high quality financial information, analysis and insight using recognised
· resource accounting and budgeting methods and practices.
· Produce expenditure and income budgets and forecasts and cost management and
· variance analysis reports.
· Provide clear advice and guidance, and constructive challenge on all financial matters
· to inform decision-making.
· Interpret, analyse and simplify complex financial information and present it to non-
· finance staff at all levels of the organisation.
· Exercise sound judgement in providing financial support and advice effectively using
· data, balancing the need to challenge and support teams appropriately.
· Manage and evaluate data from a range of sources quickly and effectively, with the
· ability to draw from it and communicate clear actionable information and
· Work collaboratively and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders and
· their teams.
· Ensure all financial controls, policies and procedures operate effectively and on a
· timely basis.
· Work in a project environment, planning and delivering activities and key milestones to challenging deadlines.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
· Experience as a skilled government finance professional, with strong analytical ability and commercial awareness.
· Experience in a government finance role providing financial insight to senior members of staff on a regular basis.
· Ability to quickly build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, adapting communication styles to have maximum impact and establish yourself as a trusted, credible advisor.
· Developed understanding of other relevant functional disciplines (e.g. Project Controls and Commercial).
· Highly motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter, with an ability to learn quickly and work within tight time scales whilst maintaining high standards.
· Able to work in a flexible way and respond to competing priorities and challenges.
· Highly organised and collaborative, with excellent communication skills.
· Excellent Excel skills, strong IT and data analytics skills.
You will also have these Qualifications/Skills:
· CCAB or CIMA qualified
If this Project Accountant role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Reference ID: PSR1JP00043993
Contract length: 8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £500.00-£600.00 per day
Company: Public Sector Resourcing –
Company Location: Home Based