Programme Delivery Manager Job at Department for Education – in Manchester
National minimum £61,014 – , London minimum – £64,178
DFE – Early Years and Schools Group
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time, Compressed Hours
Number of posts
Manchester, North West, M1 2WD : City of Westminster, London, SW1P 3BT
About the job
We are looking for Programme Delivery Managers to join our community of digital specialists in the Teaching Workforce Directorate!
We’re creating a great place to work by offering:
- An environment with flexible working options including flexi-time
- Learning and development tailored to your role and a personal L&D budget
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A generous annual leave allowance up to 30 days after 5 years of service
- A wide variety of staff support networks including a Women’s Network, BAME Network, Wellbeing Network and many more
If you would like to know more about our commitment to making DfE more equitable, please read our blog. Further information about our benefits package can also be found here!
As a programme delivery manager, you will be:
- Leading and motivating multiple multidisciplinary teams, helping them create and improve digital services that actually meet users’ needs
- Leading strategically and collaboratively; developing highly effective, positive relationships required for successful delivery: with ministers and senior policy officials, digital and tech specialists, and marketing experts.
- Growing a robust and inclusive culture and developing individuals.
- Ensuring teams clearly communicate their approach, plans and learning
- Identifying the people, skills and resources that the teams need to deliver to the agreed goals
- Identifying, communicating and managing risks, issues, dependencies and blockers
- Actively participating in the digital community, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve
About the team
In the Teaching Workforce Directorate, we want excellent teachers for every child. We are dedicated to transforming the way people become teachers as well as support for teachers themselves.
To achieve this, we are creating new, integrated services, underpinned by insight and intelligence and delivered through multidisciplinary teams with marketing, policy and digital delivery specialists working side-by-side.
As well as making it easier for candidates to start their journey to becoming a teacher and get support throughout their career, these services yield new insights, which are transforming our wider approach.
We have a bold ambition to make a difference to future teachers’ lives – and we need leaders to join our teams to help us realise this.
For more information, please read our blog!
Essential skills and experience:
- Significant track record of successfully delivering digital projects or products, leading, planning, coordinating and motivating multi-site/multi-department teams through the product lifecycle
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to be able to mediate and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and between organisational, technical and political boundaries
- Have an in-depth knowledge of agile methodologies and how they help deliver products and services at scale
- Experience of managing people, multidisciplinary teams, and other environmental factors to resolve and manage impediments, blockers and risks
- Experience of providing support and constructive feedback as they move through the lifecycle phases
- Be able to quickly get up to speed with product, policy, comms & marketing and political contexts, in order to create a positive environment for delivery
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Significant track record of successfully delivering digital projects or products, leading, planning, coordinating and motivating multi-site/ multi-department teams through the product lifecycle
Have an in-depth knowledge of agile methodologies and how they help deliver products and services at scale
Be able to quickly get up to speed with product, policy, comms & marketing and political contexts, in order to create a positive environment for delivery
Applicants currently holding a permanent post in the Civil Service should note that, if successful, their salary on appointment would be determined by the Department’s transfer / promotion policies.
As a member of the DfE, you will be entitled to join the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme, which many experts agree is one of the most generous in the UK.
You will have 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day every year to a maximum of 30 days after five years’ service. In addition, all staff receive the Queen’s Birthday privilege holiday and 8 days’ bank and public holidays.
We offer flexible working arrangements, such as job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
As an organisation, which exists to support education and lifelong learning, we offer our staff excellent professional development opportunities.
Company: Department for Education –
Company Location: Manchester