Procurement Manager Job at INFORM3 Recruitment in Newry and Mourne
Procurement Manager – Construction
As this contractor continues to grow at a significant pace we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic and driven people to join the procurement team and help take us to new heights.
The difference the new Project Procurement Manager will make
We’re are looking someone with an interest in procurement and supply chain who will help generate significant value for the business by reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the supply chain.
Building excellent relationships with suppliers for maximum performance and managing a small team of procurement professionals comprising of senior buyers, buyers and assistant buyers. You will lead the team to ensure they deliver on time and to our customer’s requirements.
In addition, you will:
- Act as the focal point for internal customers to define materials and services spend requirements for designated projects.
- Personally prepare, issue and review complex supplier RFQ’s, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders.
- Personally lead major supplier spends (negotiation and selection).
- Lead supplier performance issues to conclusion.
- Manage and develop internal relationships cross functionally.
Type of person we are looking for
You’re someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo and actively proposes new ideas on how we can make things better and always puts the customer first. We’re committed to building an enjoyable and supportive culture for everyone, and so we’re looking for someone who actively seeks out and values different perspectives.
- Procurement management experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent Supplier Relationship Management skills.
- Experience of data analysis for decision making.
- Significant procurement experience, ideally in a project procurement environment.
Skills and attributes
- Must have a flexible approach to workload, confident reading and understanding technical drawings and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Must be self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload.
- Ability to lead and motivate within a cross functional matrix environment.
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and IFS (desirable).
Education and qualifications
- A recognised degree level qualification and/or relevant engineering/supply chain/lean culture experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. CIPS at level 5 or above is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of lean techniques is preferred.
Please contact Ethan Campbell for more information on this position. 02830898345
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Company: INFORM3 Recruitment
Company Location: Newry and Mourne