Procurator Fiscal Depute Dumfries Job at UK Government – Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service in Dumfries
General Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
As a Procurator Fiscal Depute you will play a key role in the criminal justice system. You will take decisions on criminal proceedings, conduct courts and work closely with the police and other criminal justice partners to improve the efficient delivery of justice for local communities.
This is demanding role, acting in the public interest as one of the Lord Advocate’s local representatives, requiring common sense, good judgement and decision making, flexibility, legal and advocacy skills and a sound knowledge of the criminal law system in Scotland. Whilst you may be asked to undertake a variety of duties within COPFS, the main essence of the role is to mark cases, prepare and present cases effectively in court and deal sensitively and appropriately with victims and witnesses.
You must be passionate about serving the public interest at all times; confident in making complex decisions, based on independent assessment of all the available evidence; and enthusiastic about public service and meeting the needs of victims and witnesses.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
- Candidates must be a solicitor or advocate qualified to practice in Scotland and hold a valid unrestricted practicing certificate
We offer an excellent range of benefits which include:
- 25 days paid holiday + 11.5 public and privilege holidays (rising to 30 days paid holiday after 4 years).
- Flexible working hours (around core time period).
- Civil Service pension with employer contributions.
- Family friendly benefits.
Company: UK Government – Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Company Location: Dumfries