Process Technician Jobs in Doncaster – England at Venatu Consulting Ltd
Title: Process Technician
Company: Venatu Consulting Ltd
Location: Doncaster – England
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Lead Process Technician
Salary: £29,000 – £30,000
* 33 days holidays including Stats
* Free company parking on site
* Early finish Friday
* Overtime available
Venatu Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with our client who are a global manufacturer of Metal and Plastic Caps and Closures
The European plastic division are an established high volume supplier of Plastic closures to the Dairy, Juice, Water and Food industries in over 50 country locations..
The role Responsibilities:
* To take responsibility for the Process team on shift, and all designated responsibilities as listed below.
* While working within a cell environment: Attend Production Meetings, and shift handover meetings.
* Ensure that all shift process are fully engaged in meeting production requirement
* Creating a shift plan, showing all tasks and priorities.
* Ensuring quality objectives are met across site. In order to minimize all customer complaints. Closing all PJC,s and first offs are completed in a timely manner.
* Colour changes. Ensuring correct methods are followed. Controlling the use of purging compounds and develop strategies for improvements.
* Fault finding/rectification, on processes, tools and machines. With a focus on providing accurate faults descriptions to enable speedy repairs.
* Tool fitting / removal. Ensuring standards are met with regards to health and safety, pipework configurations, ancillary connections, cleanliness and documentation.
* Take an active part in trials and projects when required. Providing clear documentation and providing evidence where required on success or failure.
* IBM/mp2/colour checks/cavitation levels/repeatability and stability.
* Prioritization of Machine/plant efficiencies.
* Ensure that continuous production is maintained, by developing
* Improvement processes. And liaising with relevant departments to provide the result.
* Reduction of scrap and waste, by using efficient methods of working. Primarily to reduce start up scrap, and unplanned machine stoppages.
* Health and safety
* Site cleanliness, meeting all standards and ensuring clean production areas.
* Training to sop standards/delivering briefs and hazard notifications.
* Flexible working hours for start-up or shut down of production equipment. When required to ensure 5 full days production each week.
* Efficiently coordinate all breakdowns/problems on shift, to ensure speedy rectification. In conjunction with the shift leader. Ensuring communication is a priority.
* Maintain full communication with the Process manager and Production shift manager.
* This list is not exhaustive, the role requires continual flexibility in line with the requirements of the business.
Is this you?
* High level of education to basic engineer level. Or equivalent.
* Minimum of five years’ experience within a Production/Manufacturing Environment working as a Process Setter/Technician.
* Polymer Injection moulding qualification Level II, working towards level III.
* Supervisory experience would be beneficial but not essential. However, an ability to learn and develop supervisory skills is expected.
* Basic knowledge of Computers, Word and Excel would be an advantage but not essential. The ability to learn computer software is imperative.
* Interpersonal and communicati…