PMO Support Office Job at UK Government – Ministry of Defence in Bristol
- Supporting the day-to-day running of the PMO, such as:
o Creating and/or maintaining the team project plans and risk register.
o Processing business data (using tools such as MS Excel) to extract key information, identify trends, and help make effective decisions.
o Assisting in the production of team reports to help monitor and communicate team progress.
- Supporting the sharing of Good Practice across the Department by:
o Assisting with the identification and curation of good practices relating to Project Delivery from across the Department.
o Assisting with briefings and training on current project delivery standards and best practice.
- Maintaining and developing the PD CoE intranet sites on behalf of the team by:
o Updating web pages on the team intranet sites as necessary as advice changes (or is superceded).
o Maintaining site graphics, web links, etc.
- Fulfilling the obligations of the Apprenticeship scheme:
o This would typically include attending classroom-based modules (at training centres), completing online knowledge modules, and completing any course assessment work and/or project-based work. Student assessment is typically a combination of on-programme assessment and end-point assessment.
- Other activities as required and agreed with your Line Manager (where they support the wider team and complement the apprenticeship). For example,
o Deputising for your Line Manager and providing cover for colleagues.
o Assisting in the authoring of team communications (such as website articles).
We need a confident, self-motivated, problem solving individual with an analytical mind, good communication skills and an interest in the project management and business data analysis,
Ideally the candidate would have prior experience in some (or all) of the following:
- Prior awareness and experience of office productivity software (such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project (or similar)).
- Prior experience of data analysis (for example processing and graphing data using MS Excel (or similar)).
- Prior experience of authoring reports and/or presentations.
The above experience does not have to have been gained in a work setting, it could have been part of educational assignments or voluntary work. Equally a lack of experience in any of the above three areas should not deter those from applying who feel they have other relevant experience and skills to offer (as the above skills can, if necessary, be learnt on the job). The successful candidate is not expected to have any significant Project Management experience as this can be gained in post as part of the apprenticeship. Candidates should note that those with significant Project Management experience may even be over-qualified to participate in the Apprenticeship scheme.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must:
- be aged 18 or older
- not be in full-time education
- have the right to live and work in the UK or be either:
A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), or have the right of abode in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA (including other countries determined within the EEA or those with bilateral agreements), for at least the previous three years on the first day of learning;
Or a non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Entry Requirements: Minimum age requirement is 18 years, plus five GCSEs at Grade C or higher including English and Maths (or equivalent). You will also need to hold a minimum of 120 UCAS points or equivalent/A Level or Level 3 qualification in a core academic subject.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Changing and Improving
Making Effective Decisions
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Company: UK Government – Ministry of Defence
Company Location: Bristol