Plumber Job at HomeServe – in Peterborough
We’re now recruiting for Plumbers to join our team of directly employed engineers!
- Location – PE Postcode
- Full Time – 40 hours a week, with a variety of working patterns including weekends and Public holidays (Rotas are published in advance enabling you to balance your work and home life).
- Salary – Between £29,169 – £32,974 depending upon experience
What we are looking for:
You will be undertaking Plumbing jobs whilst ensuring, where possible, that work is completed on the first visit. You will be able to confidently explain to customers what work you need to carry out ensuring you leave them with peace of mind and confidence. You will be responsible for carrying out the following:
- Plumbing & general repairs
- Replacements & refurbishment work
- Fully equipped and stocked, fit for purpose vehicle
- Full uniform and essential tool kit
- All work within a short radius of home address
- Leading edge technology through hand held device
- 240 hours annual leave each year, inc public holidays, increases by 8 hours per year up to 264 max
- Online benefits portal – online shopping, restaurants, cinema discounts etc
- Employee assistance programme/Access to our bespoke e-learning system
- Must hold a full UK driving license, with 6 or less penalty points.
- Previous experience as a Plumbing Engineer
- NVQ Level 2 in plumbing or a similar qualification
- Must be able to approach and resolve problems logically
- Can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
- Strong customer focus with the ability to deal with complaints
You’ll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as a Plumbing Engineer for HomeServe, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 3 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm and based in Nottingham. This will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be 2 weeks where you ‘buddy’ up with an experienced Plumbing engineer in your area.
Could you be who we are looking for?
It’s our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £29,169.00-£32,974.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Company car
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- plumbing: 2 years (required)
- UK Driving Licence with 6 or less points (required)
Company: HomeServe –
Company Location: Peterborough