PHP Developer Job at Arise (We Are Arise LTD) in Sheffield
Arise are a digital agency providing a range of services, including custom website development, social media management and search engine marketing to clients across the UK. We work with a broad range of sectors and have a particular interest in tourism and hospitality.
We’re a small but nimble team who enjoy working creatively, providing good customer service and collaborating to provide real solutions to our clients.
Why we’re recruiting
Due to continued business growth, we require a web developer to join our team in order to manage the increased workload. The selected candidate will spend time working closely with our current developer to create websites, manage support enquiries and serve a key role in the business.
About the role
The role will be full-time with options for flexible working available (based around a 9 am to 5 pm weekdays), and will ultimately be based from our Sheffield office, but will require remote working for the remainder of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- We’re looking for a keen worker to join our team who can work primarily on backend PHP web development tasks, but with some involvement in front-end tasks.
- You must have strong backend development skills in PHP & MySQL.
- You should also have a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery and basic Linux server commands.
- You must be able to communicate with clients directly to resolve issues.
What will the job involve day-to-day?
- Taking and prioritising website support requests
- Providing support and new developments for existing customers
- Developing new website projects
- Communicating with clients to help diagnose and fix problems
- Working with the team to develop the business as a whole
What are the benefits?
- A basic salary between £20,000 and £28,000 dependant on experience
- A productive and creative office space
- The opportunity to be a key part of a growing company
- 25 holiday days per year, plus statutory holidays
- Opportunities for personal growth and development
What if I’m successful?
If we like your application we’ll contact you with details of the next stage – this may include an in-person or virtual interview, a technical aptitude test and a development task.
Application deadline: 04/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
Note that some socially distanced, COVID-secure in-person sessions may be required for onboarding. Suitable equipment can be provided for home-working, though you will have the option of using your own equipment while working remotely.
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Arise (We Are Arise LTD)
Company Location: Sheffield