Phlebotomist Job at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Norwich
We are seeking a phlebotomist to join our busy Phlebotomy Department. You will be required to work as part of a team providing a Phlebotomy Service primarily on the wards and occasionally within our Out-patients Department when required. This is a very busy and demanding post where flexibility and a good level of physical fitness it required.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To collect blood samples from patients in accordance with agreed Trust policies.
- To generate blood request forms from ICE previously stored by medical/clinical staff.
- To ensure that blood samples are delivered safely and efficiently to Pathology in an agreed time.
- Process patient’s blood samples using the Glucose Monitoring Meter and analysing results.
- To ensure that procedures for the control of infection are carried out according to Trust policies.
- Be aware of off-duty planning and the need to meet service requirements.
- Attend appropriate mandatory training sessions.
- Attend departmental meetings when necessary.
- Be aware of role in an emergency situation.
- Be aware of the need to report incidents/accidents.
- Be aware of the need for confidentiality at all times.
- Contribute to keeping the clinical area clean and tidy, maintaining a safe environment to work
Part time: 37 hours per week
Hours to be discussed at interview. 7.15 start and inclusive of weekends and some Bank holidays.
Interview date: 29th September 2020
Open for applications: 15th September 2020
Close for applications: 20th September 2020
Company: Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Company Location: Norwich