PHILLIPS | Client Development Analyst | Maternity Cover Job at Phillips (Auctioneers) in London
Phillips is a leading global platform for buying and selling 20th and 21st century art and design. With dedicated expertise in the areas of 20th Century and Contemporary Art, Design, Photographs, Editions, Watches, and Jewellery. Phillips offers professional services and advice on all aspects of collecting. Auctions and exhibitions are held at sale-rooms in New York, London, Geneva, and Hong Kong, while clients are further served through representative offices based throughout Europe, the United States and Asia. Phillips also offers an online auction platform accessible anywhere in the world. In addition to providing selling and buying opportunities through auction, Phillips brokers private sales and offers assistance with appraisals, valuations, and other financial services.
This is a key role in ensuring Phillips’ client data is clean, accurate and regularly reviewed; and in ensuring a team approach in cultivating and serving clients. The Client Development Analyst conducts client research and collects and analyses client data in order to help business getting efforts and promote the sales in the various departments. This role works closely with senior leadership, specialist departments, and other business getters to devise an effective and realistic calendar-based strategy, with a focus on relationship cultivation to increase client transactions.
This role is specifically focused on TCD, PHP and MCE.
Duties & Responsibilities
- DATA ENTRY: Maintain and update client data as part of Business Development/Client Review process.
- DATA QUALITY – Review and clean details as required: e.g. update city, country, states when errors are being noticed or occurring. Also in charge of the Client Reconcile tool, which allows the deletion of CDS Client records, hence needs to be handled very carefully.
- CATALOGUE LISTS: Update and maintain catalogue lists for all 3 listed departments. Deep understanding of how lists are being generated based on ranked and weighted criteria, to generate the most efficient client pull.
- RESEARCH: Conduct research, collect and analyse client data, and gather intelligence. Generate reports, summaries and recommendations to inform and support business development efforts.
- OBJECT INTELLIGENCE: In full sync with the appointed Object Lead in each department, coordinate Artist research project, and keep promoting the central object database as a business getting tools. Regular monitoring of the press and specialised magazines, ensuring all public sources are entered in a timely manners re. ownership of works of art relevant to each of the 3 listed departments.
- CLIENT REVIEW AND ANALYSIS: Conduct regular client reviews within the Business Development and Specialist teams to assist with building effective client target strategies. Provide data support and analysis to inform the development of effective consignment strategies and buyer development strategies. Regularly review the top private clients for all 3 departments: all private clients graded 1 or 2 for these departments, convening the appropriate client teams and liaising with the Top Client Programme team when appropriate.
- PRE-SALE: Work with Departments to support pre-sale outreach efforts by providing client data analysis and market intelligence, contributing to catalogue and marketing lists, and identifying cross-departmental opportunities. Participate (and lead in some instances) pre-sale interest meetings.
- POST-SALE: Generate, organise and lead post-sale meetings ensuring thorough capture of client activity, setting and articulating future client strategies and working with Departments to establish business priorities for upcoming season. This includes reviewing all clients, adding date of birth, bio and all other elements which can be obtained from public sources; conducting an analysis of which type of property did well in the sale, where the market is going, ensuring and coordinating post-sale follow up with department’s specialists, and proactively suggest Artist projects
- EVENTS: Assist the Marketing and Events functions with compiling guest lists for client events and generating pre-event briefings. Organise and lead post-event debrief sessions to review gathered client intelligence and identify business opportunities. This requires strong analytical skills and a detailed understanding of the GDPR framework.
- PC/OC CHANGES: Review and evaluate Specialist/Client interaction to enhance company’s knowledge of client and collection evaluation. Ensure that client contact requests are assessed, responded to, and updated in the client databases.
- ACCOUNT CREATION: Light “supervision” role, more akin to coaching, of the Hong Kong and London teams. This requires a detailed understanding of the intricate relationships between Gavel and CDS, and rules/legal framework around address and names modifications.
- BIDS – support the Bids teams for sales managed by the London Bids team. In this role, the Bids Director is the supervisor. This reinforce the understanding of the co dependencies between all CDS interfaces and is therefore extremely useful to the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong business sense and an excellent understanding of the art market.
- Exceptional data mining, qualitative and analytical skills with ability to synthesise data and think conceptually.
- Advanced Excel skills to organise data and create reports – full proficiency with Excel functions is required
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art History or related subject, preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong decision management skills with the ability to take the lead and problem solve.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong ethic, extreme discretion with confidential and sensitive information and respecting clients’ confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with all other areas within the business.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills; ability to explain complex information clearly and simply; ability to listen and communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, meet targets and handle high pressure environment
- Multiple language skills are desirable
- Foreign language skills are desirable
- Travel as required, but infrequent.
- We are looking for an immediate start, and the contract will be c. 9months.
Reference ID: PHILLIPS | Client Development Analyst | Maternity Cover_Nov 2020
Application Deadline: 27/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Company: Phillips (Auctioneers)
Company Location: London