People Analytics Team Leader Job at Department for Education – in Coventry
- Define and own the delivery of DfE’s People Data Strategy and develop plans which ensure DfE gets the most value out of HR MI and analysis.
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to drive a culture of evidenced based decision-making using HR MI and analysis.
- Be the centre of expertise for HR MI and analysis, with responsibility for the administration of DfE’s people data in line with data privacy legislation and best practice.
- Lead complex projects with a commercial focus which impact people data, for example changes to HR systems or processes, or analytical projects.
- Design and own the delivery of DfE’s HR reporting offer to the wider department, embedding a self-service model and utilising automation where possible.
- Coordinate regular reporting activity to external stakeholders, such as the Cabinet Office.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the HR function to maximise the use of HR MI and analysis as part of HR projects and programmes.
- Lead a team of analysts to deliver HR MI and analysis for DfE, in a timely and organised fashion.
- Upskill the wider HR function in using HR MI and analysis, and embed best practice.
The essential criteria for the role are:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to coach and influence senior stakeholders.
- Be flexible and creative in response to complex business challenges and changing operational environment.
- Be strategic and able to use project management tools and techniques to organise activities.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills and proficient in using programming languages such as R, Python, etc.
- Experience of utilising business intelligence, management information and statistical analysis to deliver complex business outcomes.
- Excellent line management skills, with the ability to coach and develop others.
- Experience of working in an HR function and/or with HR data.
Applicants currently holding a permanent post in the Civil Service should note that, if successful, their salary on appointment would be determined by the Department’s transfer / promotion policies.
As a member of the DfE, you will be entitled to join the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme, which many experts agree is one of the most generous in the UK.
You will have 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day every year to a maximum of 30 days after five years’ service. In addition, all staff receive the Queen’s Birthday privilege holiday and 8 days’ bank and public holidays.
We offer flexible working arrangements, such as job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
As an organisation, which exists to support education and lifelong learning, we offer our staff excellent professional development opportunities.
Company: Department for Education –
Company Location: Coventry