Pensions Administrator Job at Scottish Government in Galashiels
- Provide the customer with correct and accurate information by demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of complex scheme regulations and administering all parts of the pension lifecycle.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the specific pension schemes applying this expertise to administer casework of varying complexities, interrogating member records, making the appropriate decisions to process all parts of the pension lifecycle including calculating benefits and payments.
- Prioritise all customer and third party requests, ensuring problems are resolved promptly and efficiently in compliance with the correct scheme regulations, agreed procedures and timescales.
- Collate, analyse, validate and process customer information accurately and securely, maintaining member and scheme records in compliance with all data regulations.
- In allocation you will receive, evaluate, analyse and prioritise customer requests, assessing information across multiple schemes, indexing all incoming mail (including information received through digital sources) into the correct workflow and directing inquiries to appropriate area.
- In the support team predominantly but also across the wider CS you will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all parts of the pensions life cycle and utilise understanding of different pension schemes in order to make decisions by either providing the customer with a correct and accurate response or referring the enquiry to the appropriate area within the Agency.
- Actively identify and participate in opportunities for continuous improvement to customer service, contributing to the development of more effective ways of working throughout SPPA.
1. Good communication skills with the ability to produce accurate numeric and well-structured written work.
2. Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining good working relationships and contributing to the teams overall performance.
3. Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and plan work.
4. Experience of using a range of Information Management systems showing awareness of Data Protection and Data Security.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Company: Scottish Government
Company Location: Galashiels