Pediatric Team Leader – Care Industry Job at Purely Childcare in Newport
Experienced Team Leader
Contract hours: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Flexible 35-45 hrs per week
Salary: £35,000 -£42,000 per annum depending on experience
Personal care required
Training: Extensive bespoke training given
About the role:
An experienced team leader is required to work in a family home supporting *Liam in Usk. Post holder will need both clinical and managerial experience to support a growing team of support staff.
*Liam is a busy, energetic, mobile little 4 year old boy who loves all kinds of activities especially water play and swimming where he can splash around and have fun. He particularly enjoys light shows but can be a little scared of loud noises and needs to be reassured that he’s safe. *Liam is adorable; he loves his animals and gives lovely cuddles. Due to his brain injury *Liam is PEG fed, has epilepsy, visually impaired, and limited speech, he has a wide range of therapists to support his development and behaviour. His speech and language therapist is building on his communication, he can hand lead and finger point for you to understand his needs and likes. There is a team around *Liam supporting and helping him to reach his full potential, they adore him and he adores them. The family are now looking for a team leader to join the existing team.
As a team leader your main role is to ensure the safety and wellbeing of *Liam and his family by leading a confident, trained support team to ensure *Liam receives the best possible support, care, and education. You will work under the guidance and support of the case manager, family, therapists and other professionals. You will need to be well organised, proven ability to lead and supervise others, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and willing to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Please contact Justine for a full job description and application form.
This position requires a completed registration and GDPR form. Purely Childcare works closely with case management companies for their recruitment needs. If shortlisted your CV and registration form will be forwarded to these companies who will follow their own recruitment process.
- Full Enhanced DBS will be requested The post applied for is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) (Amendment) Order 1986 and therefore you are required to disclose your criminal background
- We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Where a specific gender is stated as essential, gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance to paragraph 1, of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for a female or male worker to work with our client.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £16.80-£20.20 per hour
- Team Leader: 2 years (Required)
- Fleunt written and verbal communication (Required)
Company: Purely Childcare
Company Location: Newport