Patient Coordinator Job at Sims IVF in Dublin
Summary of Role
The key objective of the role of the Patient Coordinator is to operate as a key part of the multidisciplinary Sims IVF Clinic team to provide excellent patient care and service for all individuals and couples embarking on their fertility journey with Sims IVF.
The Patient Coordinator is a key point of contact for all Sims IVF patients/clients and as such acts an ambassador for the Sims Group. The role holder is responsible for optimising patient satisfaction through the efficient operation of Patient Co- Ordinator administrative functions at Sims IVF.
The following key attributes should be demonstrated:
· Active Listening
· Good Verbal and Non-verbal communication
· Respect and Empathy
· Clarity and accuracy
Reports to: Sims IVF Administration Manager
Educational / Professional ExperienceEducation: Leaving Certificate or equivalent
Relevant Experience: Experience working with clients/patients in the private sector, ideally having held an administrator role in the medical sector
2 years’ experience working as a key part of an administration team
· Fluency in English language – Advanced level – written and verbal
· Meeting and Greeting Patients,
· Patient Check in,
· Providing support to patients with clinic information and other requireddata,
· Contacting, ordering and dealing with suppliers,
· Booking couriers/taxis.
· Admissions – Processing new patients,
· Making Consultation Appointments,
· Invoicing and receiving payments.
· Answering queries by phone or e-mail,
· Directing calls where necessary,
· Respond to website submissions,
· Posting Information packs to patients,
· Liaising with Doctors, medical secretaries and hospitals,
· Writing letters for patients,
· Dictation for Doctors,
· Process “IDEAS” system orders relevant to admin team,
· Day to Day compliance with Quality non-conformance process,
· Accurate and timely updating and maintenance of patient files and databases and Q Pulse,
· Process patient medical information requests.
· Process Employee access permits
· Process Visitor access permits
· Supporting the efficient running of the Sims IVF Administration function,
· Implementation and continuous monitoring of processes as requested by the Sims IVF Administration Manager,
· Diary Management,
· Any other duties that may be required by the Sims IVF Administration Manager.
Infection Control /Health and Safety
· Hand Hygiene
· Health and Safety
· Manual Handling
· Uniform and Grooming Standards
Key Behavioural Competencies
· Acts with honesty and integrity at all times
· Has a realistic sense of self and impact on others
· Demonstrates patience and perspective in dealing with difficult situations
· Accepts ownership of role and accepts accountability of role objectives
Patient Care/Customer Service
· Demonstrates an ability to deliver excellence in standards of service to patients/clients
· Presents a caring, engaging and positive manner with patients/clients
· Demonstrates an ability to obtain a clear understanding of patient/client needs
· Let’s patient/client know he/she is willing to work with them to achieve best outcome
· Works co-operatively and effectively with colleagues from own and other departments with different skills and objectives to achieve best outcome.
· Listens and respects others points of view.
· Open to learning and passing on better ways of doing things.
· Open to new ideas with an ability to follow and implement protocols and procedures and clinic initiatives with his/her clinic colleagues.
Attention to Detail
· Ensures that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate
· Follows required procedures to ensure high quality of work
· Verifies information.
· Carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of information provided by others.
· Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or the situation requires it.
· Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspective
· Demonstrates support for innovation and for organisational changes needed to improve the organisation’s effectiveness
· Supporting and implementing organisational change
Terms and Conditions of Employments
Core Hours of work – 7.00am – 5.30pm
37.5 hours per week (7.5 hour day) Limited Weekend working hours required.
Physical requirements of the role of the role
· Sitting at computer screen
· Sitting to standing frequently
· Sitting desk based for designated periods
· Physically capable to carry out duties of the role
Non Clinical Area
· Staff should be Professional in appearance, clean, neat and tidy
· Wearing appropriate office dress code and name badge and or access card
· Shoe wear should fit appropriately and be compliant with Health and Safety Standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administration (preferably healthcare sector): 2 years (Preferred)
- Leaving Certificate (Preferred)
Company: Sims IVF
Company Location: Dublin