Parking Attendant Job at Henley on Thames Town Council in Henley on Thames
The hours of work are 37 per week, and will include weekends and bank holidays. The successful candidate will be working with one other parking attendant, and also as part of the larger Town Council team. They will receive all necessary training, a uniform (including outdoor clothing), and a device for logging incidents and receiving emails.
The successful candidate will be an essential part of our dedicated and community-focussed team, with responsibility for enforcing waiting / loading areas, on-street pay-and-display bays, and residential parking zones throughout the town. The work involves administering all aspects of the scheme, including patrolling, logging and reporting incidents, and being a visible presence within the community.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To carry out regular patrols of all relevant areas within the town.
2. To record precise details of all incidents.
3. To issue Excess Charge Notices (ECNs) or other enforcement notices.
4. To record any defects in road markings and road signs related to parking restrictions.
5. To make occasional appearances at court hearings to provide evidence.
6. To suspend from operation, pay and display machines as needed.
7. To give appropriate advice and guidance to the public.
8. To provide a physical presence within the community, representing both Henley Town Council and Oxfordshire County Council.
9. To undertake surveys connected with enforcing parking regulations.
10. To assist with improving our efficiency by suggesting improvement to our ways of working and evaluating new parking enforcement schemes.
11. To undertake any other duties in relation to parking enforcement.
1. Be physically fit and prepared to work outdoors, on foot, and in all weathers.
2. Be able to work on own initiative (although will also work as part of a team).
3. Show a methodical approach with a very keen eye for detail.
4. IT literate in order to log incidents digitally and reply to emails.
5. Be able to communicate clearly, professionally, and diplomatically with members of the public.
6. Be able to comply with a regular work rota including weekend and bank holiday work.
7. Be well-presented and maintain a high level of personal appearance and conduct at all times.
1. No previous experience is required as all training will be provided. However, previous parking enforcement experience is desirable.
2. A basic working knowledge of the road traffic and parking legislation.
3. Experience in customer service or working with residents and visitors.
4. Awareness of consumer rights.
5. Demonstrable experience of planning workloads
6. Evidence of previous computer competence
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 30/10/2020
Expected start date: 08/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £19,554.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
Temperatures taken when starting shift, hand washing compulsory, had sanitiser available, face coverings to be warn. Equipment and machinery sanitized.
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driving licence (Preferred)
Company: Henley on Thames Town Council
Company Location: Henley on Thames