Orientate Editor Job at AMI – in Bristol
We are seeking an Editor for our business news publication Orientate. This is an exciting opportunity to join AMIs team of specialists in the high-profile global plastics industry.
Orientate is our monthly newsletter dedicated to the global biaxially oriented film industry. The newsletter provides a unique, independent and authoritative view on global trends and developments, covering industry news, market-focused features, company news, interviews and profiles.
AMI is an event, research and information services company with headquarters in central Bristol (hybrid working opportunities available)
We are specialists in the high-profile global plastics industry. As well as providing insight and intelligence sourced by our highly respected teams of consultants and researchers, we organise events in order to bring together the worlds experts to debate the issues and find a new way forward for plastics, for both consumers and business.
- Manage the research, writing and editing of the Orientate newsletter to deliver the newsletter on time and to budget.
- Undertake primary and secondary research to develop and write news stories and prepare feature articles.
- Conduct telephone or personal interviews with industry leaders for the newsletter.
- Forward-planning and scheduling for subject areas and strategic planning on how this can be achieved.
- Planning of marketing strategies, working closely with the sales and marketing team to drive renewal and new subscriptions.
- Work with Conference Producers to develop the programme for AMIs market leading Biax Film industry conference.
- Occasional business trips to attend national and international events.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level
- Experience of researching and writing news stories/feature articles, preferably for a business/financial publication
- Experience of setting up and conducting interviews with senior leaders
- Experience of carrying out research using both primary and secondary sources
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to explain and present information in an accessible way, communicating effectively to different audiences
- Proactive, autonomous and able to work to tight deadlines in a flexible manner
- Fluency in English is essential and other language skills would be beneficial.
More about us:
AMI is the leading provider of information, market intelligence and events for the global plastics industry. Our business is underpinned by our talented people and our unique databases.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive range of employee benefits to help you to make the most from your finances, safeguard your future and look after your health. These include a 5% employer pension contribution, 25 days holiday entitlement and a health cash scheme as well as dedicated health and wellbeing support. We are happy to talk about flexible working so please have a chat with the recruiting manager if you would like to explore alternative work patterns and well do our best to support this where possible
If you have any questions or need more information about the role please contact Charmaine Russell on [email protected] We will be reviewing applications as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Company: AMI –
Company Location: Bristol