Office Assistant Job at Rotamic Engineering Ltd in Exeter
You will be friendly, conscientious, work in a tidy and methodical manner, have an excellent eye for detail, take pride in a high standard of accuracy and approach all tasks with a positive attitude. You will have previous experience working within an office environment and be competent working with Microsoft office programs.
Based in Exeter, we are a precision engineering company that have been manufacturing components to customer requirements for primarily the aerospace, defence and medical markets for over 40 years. We operate from a very modern and clean factory and have been successfully accredited to AS9100 (aerospace quality management system), ISO 14001 (environmental management system) and OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety management system). We are forward thinking, customer focused with two main targets of 100% on-time delivery and zero defects. We are continually working to improve the business in all areas and encourage all employees to voice their opinions, ask questions and suggest solutions. Everyone is encouraged to actively contribute to our overall success.
This role is for an immediate start on a fixed term contract that will automatically terminate on 30/04/2020. As an office assistant you will be providing general administrative, secretarial and clerical support to the assistant office manager.
· Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate team members in a professional manner.
· Greeting and signing in visitors.
· Monitoring, answering or distributing email enquiries.
· Sending out requests for quotations and placing purchase orders with suppliers.
· Checking and matching delivery documents with purchase orders.
· Matching our invoices against our customers web portal.
· General filing and scanning of purchase orders and invoices.
· Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail.
· Type documents and reports.
· Refilling vending machine
· Performing work related errands as requested.
· Other general offices duties as required.
· 39 hours per week (8am-4:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-3:30pm Friday)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Rotamic Engineering Ltd
Company Location: Exeter