Nursery Room Leader with SENDCo Responsibility Job at Creative Flair Childcare Ltd in Coventry
Creative Flair Childcare is a small, 31 place home from home nursery in Coventry. We have a small, dedicated team that are committed to providing high quality care to our children. We are a dance, music, drama and the arts inclusive nursery and we encourage our children to participate in these activities within their sessions. We believe that this enhances their early years experiences and helps them grow to become confident little people.
Creative Flair Childcare has an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Room Leader to join our team. You will be on a full time, permanent contract (40 hours) with a highly competitive salary. The role will involve communicating with staff team and parents in a friendly and efficient manner. A practitioner who has excellent EYFS and leadership skills and who can demonstrate solid organisational skills with the ability to liaise with and help the Management Team when necessary. As Room Leader you would be involved with taking the lead on ensuring children are cared for in a safe and positive environment and commit to continued vigilance to ensure this – in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
At Creative Flair Childcare we pride ourselves on a family feel within the nursery and have a friendly, warm staff team who are happy and enthusiastic. They make enrolling at our nursery a smooth and enjoyable experience. Our ethos of learning through the arts helps us achieve this too – and this is something we encourage all of our staff to get involved with.
Ultimately, you’ll have a part in the responsibility for all children placed in your care to safeguard and promote the child’s welfare. You’ll need to have great team working skills and good communication skills are imperative, this involves listening, questioning, and understanding and responding to what is being communicated by children, parents, colleagues and others.
Duties & Responsibilities as our Room Leader;
– Carry out planning and prioritising of all activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment.
– Attend and support staff meetings as well as training courses
– Deliver a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff.
– Help maintain a professional working environment within the nursery
– Be directly involved in the day to day running of the room and managing the team within the room.
– Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and developmental needs are met.
– Be responsible for ensuring that your key children are safe and secure.
– Build effective relationships with the parents of your key children.
– Take on additional responsibilities to help the Management Team where necessary.
Additional SENDCo Responsibilities;
– Observing and supporting children who need additional care as well as creating IIPs and support plans for them whilst feeding this back to the staff team
– Identifying children who may require additional support and working with their Key Workers to allow a joined up and well managed referral process from start to finish
– Liaising with the nursery team as well as outside agencies to access the appropriate and best care and resources for any children requiring extra support
– Working alongside our SENDCo at the Kenilworth nursery to share practice, expertise and resources
– Communicating with parents and discussing ways we can help their children and access support as well as giving helpful information for them to continue the work going on at nursery in the home as well
– Leading and contributing to SEND training and ensuring this is passed on and communicated to the rest of the nursery team
– Championing our belief that all children matter and all children deserve to have the best offering at nursery whatever their needs and requirements
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
- Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Creative Flair Childcare Ltd
Company Location: Coventry