Nursery Manager Job at Cuddly Bear Nursery in Sydenham
The best managers, manage their teams to their best …
Could your next management role could be here at Cuddly Bear?
An amazing opportunity is available to manage and lead our team at our large Sydenham Park nursery.
This is a FAB opportunity for an experienced and qualified Nursery Manager in developing your management and leadership career and practice, whilst having an experienced nursery and office team to support you. No occupancy/waiting-list/fees-stress – that’s with our Admin Team is for!
We will also consider experienced Deputy Manager’s looking for the ‘next step’ in their career.
You are responsible for managing/overseeing;
· Parents and
· EYFS and extra curricula activities
You report directly to the Director and have the support of a Deputy Manager.
This is a busy, hands-on management and leadership role. Cuddly Bear Day Care is a successful, family-run, caring nursery with 2 venues; our Owners are hands on and fully involved on a daily basis. Your input will be valued in our successful, growing, nursery business.
Your qualities and skills will include;
· care and kindness
· a growth mindset – takes on learning, challenges and thrives!
· flexible to manage many tasks and requests
· organised and structured
· office skills including IT (I connect system)
· a passionate advocate of the child in early years
· team and task focused
· motivation to get the jobs done with pride and care
· accountability and ownership
· knowledge of HR practice – to support your teams
· excellent EYFS practice
· creative mind and positive energy
To be the successful applicant, you must:
- Have exceptional leadership abilities and the ability to inspire your team
- Understand the importance of employee engagement and the impact of a positive workplace culture
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding EYFS and statutory welfare requirements
- Have an approachable manner and be able to build positive relationships children, and colleagues
- Have high standard of customer service and make sure all potential parents are welcomed and well
- Ability to build a strong and supportive relationship with our existing parents and being the goto person when needed
- To be child centred and to make sure that children comes first in all decisions and plans we put in place at nursery
- Ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience; in similar childcare provisions
- Hold a relevant Early Years/childcare qualification, Level 3 or higher.
- Have a structured and clear vision about Cuddly Bear Ethos and future plan and work alongside the directors to make it happen
- Being able to take part of the nursery SEF and make sure all agreed action plans for the nursery are followed thoroughly
- Have experience as safeguarding lead in previous roles and understand the importance of this role.
- Have excellent English and being able to write policies and official documents as part of the role
Salary & benefits
· £27,000 to £30,000 based upon experience
· 25% discount on your childcare at one of our nurseries
· 50% discount for a child’s place at Artisan Kidz, our sister company art after school club
· Plus, great benefits including pension, gym discount, social, special events
Heidi (Director) or Debbie (HR) will call you for an initial conversation, before completing an application form.
All offers of employment will be made permanent after the successful completion of a one month trial period.
Reference ID: SP Manager 2020
Expected start date: 04/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Childcare: 5 years (Required)
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Required)
Company: Cuddly Bear Nursery
Company Location: Sydenham