Nursery Deputy Manager and Practice Lead Job at Key Steps Day Nursery – in Cirencester
Key Steps Day Nursery are recruiting for an inspirational Deputy Manager and Practice Lead for their BRAND NEW 80 place day nursery in Cirencester, opening on 13th September 2021. This is a rare opportunity for an energetic deputy manager to be part of the initial stages of the opening of a new nursery.
Are you the perfect match?
We are looking for a forward thinking Deputy Manager and Practice Lead who is an outstanding communicator and has exceptionally high standards. Our ideal candidate is someone who has an outstanding knowledge of early years pedagogy including in the moment planning and delivers it in a passionate manner. You will be highly motivated to lead and develop a knowledgeable staff team whilst coaching them to deliver exceptional childcare.
This is a role you can truly make your own.
What does a normal day look like:
- Plan and launch a new nursery, helping the manager to recruit, train and market the nursery
- Design and implement outstanding care and education in every aspect of the nursery
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies, whilst adding value to children, parents and team
- Support the manager in the supervision and coaching of a team of early years professionals
- Deliver on the job training, guidance and support to the team
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Take an active role in the planning and logistics of the nursery.
- Working along side the nursery manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery, managing sufficient ratios and rotas, ensuring budgets are adhered to
- Risk assess the nursery through the day, every day, and actioning; maintaining and critically assessing all policies, procedures and practice to drive improvements
- Work a flexible work pattern within the nursery opening hours
What you will need to bring with you:
- Significant experience as a Deputy Manager/ Practice Lead (Preferable at an ‘Outstanding’ nursery)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and a solutions driven approach to problems
- Relevant Early Years Qualification, Level 3 or above
- Forest School leader
- Passion and positivity
- A love for parent partnerships
- Extensive knowledge of Early Years practice and initiatives
What we can offer you:
We are looking for people that go above and beyond and who always strive to deliver more.
Our benefits package includes:
- £24,000 – £27,000 (40hrs per week)
- Performance related bonus + additional Ofsted Outstanding bonus
- Up to 31 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) to start (rises with length of service)
- Paid Christmas close down period
- Paid lunch break
- Funding and paid time off for EYTT/ EY Degrees/Forest School/Leadership training
- Paid training
- Up to 30% childcare discount
- Free daily lunch, coffee and tea
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Key Steps Day Nursery.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.54-£13.00 per hour
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Childcare: 2 years (preferred)
Company: Key Steps Day Nursery –
Company Location: Cirencester