Nursery Cleaner Job at Little Treasures Nursery and Pre-School in Grays
We are looking for a cleaner to work in our wonderful nursery Monday to Friday, 9 hours per week. This position is full time as the nursery is open 50 weeks in the year. This role is only for one person so the applicant must be able to work by themselves.
1) Knowledge and Understanding of Health and Hygiene
2) Knowledge and experience of time management
3) EXPERIENCE OF A KEY HOLDER RESPONSIBILITIES
4) Stock management
5) Understanding of cross contamination
6) Maintaining a clean and healthy environment
7) Ability to work unsupervised
9) Following safety legislation and good practices
10) Personal Attributes
11) Neat appearance
12) Competence to work to Company Policies
13) Ability to work in compliance with COSHH regulations, health and safety legislation.
14) To carry out domestic duties to include the cleaning of all areas in the setting as required
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules as agreed with the manager
- To clean all areas of the day nursery including toilets, kitchen, play rooms and staff areas
- To clean all surfaces of the day nursery including carpets, lino, wooden floors, paintwork, tiles and wallpaper
- Report any maintenance issues that prevent safe and efficient cleaning of these areas.
- Use and store cleaning products safely and in accordance with COSHH guidelines
- Maintain a tidy, safe and well-organised storage area for cleaning products, ensuring all are inaccessible to children
- Ensure the outside areas of the setting are tidy and clean
- Maintain a clean, welcoming office for staff, parents and visitors
- Understand and use appropriate signage to indicate wet floors and other cleaning hazards
- Contribute to and follow appropriate risk assessments
- Order and maintain cleaning equipment and products with adherence to the setting budget
- Undertake any other reasonable cleaning tasks as directed by the manage
- Ensure all high and low level dusting is completed.
- To be committed to the safeguarding of all children and company policies and procedures
The cleaning involves hoovering and mopping floors through out, cleaning bathrooms, stacking and emptying dishwasher, washing up, emptying and cleaning bins throughout the week. Deep clean days will include cleaning windows, shelving, skirting boards, door handles, tables and chairs etc.
It is very important that cleaners can work at a good pace. The applicant must be reliable, trustworthy, through and be able to work well on their own.
Please note the successful candidate for this position must undergo an enhanced DBS check.
An additional criminal record check (or checks if more than one country) will also be made for anyone who has lived or worked abroad for settings
Little Treasures Nursery and Pre-School is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Application deadline: 07/12/2020
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.72-£9.00 per hour
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Little Treasures Nursery and Pre-School
Company Location: Grays