Nursery Assistant Apprentice Job at EPP GROUP LTD in Barnes
Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Responsible to: Manager/Room Leader
Hours: Minimum 30 hours a week. Monday- Friday
We offer an excellent training schedule – from the moment you join us, your training won’t stop!
Applicants must have good communication and interpersonal skills. You must be reliable, willing to learn, able to follow instructions well and able to work in a team.
Apprenticeships allow you to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training with classroom learning. You’ll be employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week either at a college or a training centre. By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll hopefully have gained the skills and knowledge needed to either succeed in your chosen career, progress onto the next apprenticeship level or secure a permanent job within your placement.
What you’ll learn depends on the role that you’re training for. However, apprentices in every role follow an approved study Programme, which means you’ll gain a nationally-recognized qualification at the end of your apprenticeship. You will have extensive support from your allocated assessor who will be visiting once or twice a month depending on the amount of assistance you need. You’ll also be constantly developing your transferable skills, otherwise known as soft skills, which are highly valued by employers. These include communication, teamwork and problem solving, as well as knowledge of IT and the application of numbers.
Duties & Responsibilities will include: ·
- Assist with proving a safe environment· Competent and effective with settling in· Managing behaviour· Assisting with and ensuring unit is clean and tidy, meals are served appropriately, ensuring general cleanliness of children at all times· Ensuring environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays·
- Be familiar with all nursery policies and procedures.
- Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with children and have some knowledge and understanding of what working in a childcare environment entails. We are looking for someone hardworking, committed and lively with a bubbly personality.
- Work with staff to create a happy, safe, fun and enjoyable environment for all children allowing them to fully grow up and develop themselves.
- Use the EYFS to plan activities, track progress and give the children the freedom to choose activities of their own free will.
- Allow a series of child-led and adult led activities in a day
- Give the children freedom to explore whilst knowing how to keep them safe and away from harm.
- Contribute and give fresh idea’s whilst having meetings to make the nursery better.
- Attend scheduled meetings set by management including training and parents evenings.
- Keep a professional relationship with staff, management and parents at all times
- Have good communication skills but be friendly, bubbly, enthusiastic, and energetic.
Here are some of the many benefits you will receive:
- You will receive a NUS shopping Discount Card to use in over 500 shops
- You will be entitled to an Oyster Discount Card – 30% of travel on buses and trains.
- you must be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to work with children 0-5 years old and be willing to undertake relevant training towards a Hopscotch and Ofsted approved childcare qualification.
- Fantastic opportunity to start your childcare career within a group of premier nurseries with the prospect to gain further responsibility and promotion once qualified
- Have a friendly personality.
- stamina and a lot of energy.
- good communication and interpersonal skills.
- creativity and imagination.
- to be understanding and able to give encouragement.
- an understanding of children’s physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
If this is a role you feel is suitable and you can commit to then go ahead and apply and we will be in touch as soon as we receive your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £550.00-£650.00 per month
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Company: EPP GROUP LTD
Company Location: Barnes