Nursery Apprentice Job at St Gabriel’s School in Newbury
Would you like to start a career in childcare? Find out how ….
Gain practical experience as a Nursery Apprentice in our outstanding Sandleford nursery alongside studying for a professional childcare qualification. You will take part in a range of activities with the children, both indoors and outside in our beautiful grounds. You will also have a mentor within the nursery who will support you in the first steps of your career in childcare.
- interacting and engaging in play opportunities with children to encourage their progress in learning and development
- maintain accurate individual planning and learning records
- assisting with the feeding and general care of children
- supporting the team with provision of a high quality environment that meets the needs of individual children
- working to achieve a high standard of health, safety and hygiene
- work as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- support and ensure nursery policies and procedures are implemented (with full training)
You will need:
- Minimum Grade 3 GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
- To commit to the full Apprenticeship programme, and dedicate time to completing coursework on time
- A friendly and enthusiastic
- A positive attitude and able to work in a team
- To be able to follow instruction on how to work safely
- To be able to communicate well with parents and colleagues
- To be reliable and punctual
Hours: 8.30am-5.30pm Mon-Fri to time to support attendance at college (or remote learning) built in.
Benefits: generous employee benefits package including competitive salary and birthday bonus scheme
The nursery: Sandleford is open 50 weeks of the year and set within St Gabriel’s School in the spectacular setting of Sandleford Priory and parkland. A daily warm welcome awaits children from the age of 6 months to 5 years. Sandleford has a warm and homely atmosphere where children become happy, confident and independent learners.
To apply: please send your CV and a covering note to say why you are looking to complete a Nursery Apprenticeship.
St Gabriel’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the receipt of an enhanced DBS certificate and verification under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
Reference ID: 01A
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
We are following government guidelines to keep our school community safe.
- childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: St Gabriel’s School
Company Location: Newbury