Node js developer Job at Heylus Recruitment in Weston-super-Mare
Our client is on the hunt for an experienced Backend Developer who is proficient with Node to join their growing team.
As a mid/senior-level developer, you will be ready to get stuck in and take the lead in the evolution and development of our backend and infrastructure.
You will work with a small team of skilled and experienced individuals. We are looking for someone who will take charge and spearhead the backend decisions, whilst keeping the rest of the team up to date.
To be successful in this position you’ll need to be driven and passionate about delivering high quality, robust features and functionality.
You’ll be pro-active and happy to work independently but won’t be afraid to
ask for help when you need some support.
- Node.js: The Main service is written in Node using Slack’s @Bolt package for building chatbots.
- NoSQL Data Modelling can be a bit of a mind switch from traditional SQL modelling, and we’re looking for someone who can spearhead this work, with previous experience doing so.
- TypeScript: Our client are big believers in TypeScript (with all of its quirks) and would be looking for someone who embraces it for building bug- resistant software.
- Firebase: Google’s platform for backend services, which we use to handle everything from authentication to data management and querying.
- NoSQL Data Modelling: would want someone with experience modelling data for NoSQL solutions, whether that’s with firebase, GCP or AWS.
- Google Cloud Platform and Docker: Our client uses GCP for backend infrastructure and scaling, and would want someone capable of managing our scaling infrastructure.
- Testing: Our client actually does write tests for all of our services, and would like someone who loves tests as much as they do.
- CI/CD: They have a robust automatic pipeline for checking work that’s being merged, and they would ideally want someone who can extend their efforts even further.
- Scrum: They smash the scrum process on a daily basis, so as the team grows and decisions become even more crucial we will need you to champion this way of working with them.
- Bonus Round React: They use React everywhere on the frontend, and the ideal candidate would know enough React to get by, in case of emergencies even if you’re focus would predominantly be on the backend.
Reference ID: 9898781
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- software development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Heylus Recruitment
Company Location: Weston-super-Mare