NHS Test and Trace – Senior Policy Advisor Job at UK Government – Department of Health and Social Care – in Home Based
We are looking to appoint individuals who thrive in taking an innovative approach to a range of complex situations and who can work effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Successful candidates will be confident in trying different approaches, with an ability to prioritise and deliver results. You will seek out and analyse information to inform your decision making, with experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, and in networking and co-producing solutions that put public health outcomes at the heart of decision making.
Successful candidates will be:
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks with differing timescales and deadlines;
- Able to build professional relationships with colleagues in policy, strategy and operational teams across Test and Trace, other government departments, and with external stakeholders;
- Confident to contribute their views, and able to shape, develop and deliver support to policy teams and the wider organisation in a fluid and changing environment.
This role will be home-based with travel to NHS Test & Trace sites/offices as required. Your salary will be based on your home address and the relevant pay scales under DHSC/ NHS Test &Trace Policy. If your home base is within the M25, inner London pay rates apply. If your home base is within the 40 mile radius of the M25 you will receive the outer London pay rate. National pay rates apply to all other employees whose home base is outside of the 40-mile radius of the M25. NHS Test & Trace is moving to the new UK Health Security Agency later in 2021 which may result in some roles being performed from a regional office. This should be taken into account when applying for this role. Please note you must be a habitual resident in the UK to apply for this role and your home address, from which you would undertake this role if successful, must be in the UK.
A number of roles are available and their responsibilities range from:
- Working with colleagues to develop innovative and effective policy recommendations that reflect the key objectives of the team;
- Drafting and submitting policy submissions to meet deadlines;
- Leading on accurate and high-level drafts for debate packs, parliamentary questions and other parliamentary business;
- Providing support and guidance to less senior members of the team as well as supporting senior members of the team in delivering results at pace in a wide range of ongoing projects;
- Engaging and building relationships and representing the policy team with key stakeholders from both across government and externally, and reflecting feedback into the wider policy work.
- Supporting policy or strategy making in a corporate, government or local government setting, or working in a correspondence/briefing/PR function;
- Facilitation and networking skills;
- Experience in managing workflow depending on ever changing priorities and the capacity to deliver the necessary key objectives at pace;
- An understanding of potential arising risks and political sensitivities that could emerge with certain tasks;
- Ability to confidently provide support and leadership to a wider team;
- Confident written and oral communication skills, and ability to tailor communicative approach appropriately when presenting to senior managers, Ministers and other stakeholders.
- Public health knowledge or qualifications would be useful in some of the roles we are seeking to fill;
- Analytical skills;
- Project and programme management.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Company: UK Government – Department of Health and Social Care –
Company Location: Home Based