Multi Skilled Engineer Job at David Wood Baking Ltd – in Sheerness
ENGINEER (Ideally Multi-Skilled)
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off rotating days/nights
Rate of Pay: Salary negotiable dependant on experience
At David Wood Foods we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
As a key part of our 7- site group our Sheerness site is a small food manufacturer producing, a range of quality frozen ‘bake off’ and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products, for the major, UK retailers. In the last 12 months we have invested heavily in our plant and team and are looking to offer an opportunity to the right person who is ambitious to develop their career and are a great team player.
About the role:
We want to recruit someone who can contribute to a great business, but the skills we need are Electrical and / or Mechanical engineering.
We need someone who can help us carry out planned and reactive engineering works across the site.
We have developed the site in a big way over the last 12 months, but we don’t have all of the answers and we would like someone who can contribute ideas and deliver improvements that make our products even better.
You will also be required to work closely with the team to ensure targets are met on safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement whilst, effectively communicating all production and engineering issues back to the site team in a transparent manner.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team which is constantly evolving.
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
Key skills / Experience:
- Electrical and / or Mechanical bias, with supporting qualifications, but will consider experienced / knowledgeable people who can demonstrate a safe attitude to work and the right skills.
- Experience of working with high volume food manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal but not essential.
- Good communication skills and a friendly approachable style.
- Experience within the Food Manufacturing sector desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Company: David Wood Baking Ltd –
Company Location: Sheerness