MULTI-SKILLED ENGINEER Job at Trewithen Dairy – in Lostwithiel
Posted 21 July 2021
Location: Lostwithiel, Cornwall
Job Type: 4 on 4 off pattern across days and nights
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Trewithen Dairy is proud to be 100% Cornish and has a BRC AA+ production facility with modern bright offices in the Cornish countryside 30 miles from Plymouth and Truro. We have ambitious growth plans, and our people are our key ingredient.
Our hero products are bottled fresh milk and Cornish clotted cream, as well as butter churned with Cornish cream and yoghurt made with Cornish milk. We operate a chilled delivery fleet servicing independent retailers and food service customers throughout the South West and beyond.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Multi skilled Engineer within our Engineering department, who will play a key role in supporting an efficient Dairy, responding to and solving breakdowns, and delivering the Dairy’s maintenance strategy.
The role is a 4 on 4 off pattern across days and night. The site is operational 7 days a week so a flexible approach is a must to ensure that a consistent level of service is provided by the Engineering Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: –
- To provide technical support in response to breakdowns on process and IT systems, plant and equipment, including excellent fault-finding techniques.
- Deliver electrical, mechanical, PLC, and instrumentation maintenance across the site on all equipment.
- Respond promptly and effectively to ensure quick resolution to any equipment issues to minimise any downtime, quality and efficiency problems.
- Participate constructively as a member of the department, keeping everyone informed and proactively share your knowledge and expertise within the team.
- Apply lean thinking techniques to ensure the productive capability of the plant is optimised and improved to achieve Dairy targets.
- Proactively taking responsibility to support the wider Dairy team achieve its goals and targets.
The successful applicant will have:
- Qualification to at least BTEC Level 3 or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of control systems.
- Good PLC and instrumentation knowledge.
- Be computer literate with knowledge of SCADA and CMMS systems.
- Knowledge of permit to works systems and contractor control.
- Proactive and can-do attitude, someone who gets things done.
- The ability and willingness to turn their hand to anything.
Why work with us?
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career development opportunities and some fantastic benefits.
We are an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome. We believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity.
You will receive the following:
- Competitive holiday allowance.
- Auto enrolment pension.
- Free milk & Discounted products.
- Onsite free parking.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Company social events (dependant on covid restrictions).
- Learning and development opportunities; we are committed to ensuring all our employees have the chance to grow.
- Career development & training opportunities.
How to apply
If you think you have what we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
We recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join our team!
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Trewithen Dairy –
Company Location: Lostwithiel