Montessori Teacher Job at The Robin Montessori in London
Our little nursery is growing really fast and we are looking for Montessori Teachers to join our team.
Part-time 7:45am to 1:30pm
Full-time 7:45am to 4:00pm
TERM TIME (open 36 weeks per year )
- Montessori Early Childhood teaching Diploma.
- First Aid training is desirable.
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive Montessori curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional and social care and education for the children.
- To give support to other Montessori Teachers and other personnel.
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
- To observe and assess children’s development and keep accurate record of their achievements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Applicants must be motivated, have the ability to work well within a team and be able to adapt to a fun and inspiring way of working.
- Participate in meetings sometimes outside nursery times if needed such as supervisory meetings and appraisals.
- Attend and prepare for nursery events such as Open Days and Parents evenings.
- To work more than the contract hours per week to perform the paperwork involved such as observations and planning.
- Update regularly the children’s development on MMC.
- Detailed knowledge of the Montessori approach is essential.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential.
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential.
- A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential.
- Considerable relevant experience of the age range 2 – 5 years is desirable.
- Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping is desirable.
- Ability to build positive relationships with children and their parents.
- Ability to communicate and work in partnership with families and carers.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities.
- Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues.
- We take safeguarding very seriously and a current and clean Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Certificate is essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £15,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
- child care: 2 years (Required)
Company: The Robin Montessori
Company Location: London