Montessori directress for accredited bilingual nursery in Paddington Job at Bilingual nurseries in London
We are looking for an inspired and experienced Montessori room leader to join our bilingual Montessori accredited nursery in Paddington.
The chosen candidate will be working in a bilingual classroom of a maximum of 18 children age 3 to 5 years old. They will be expected to have an excellent knowledge of how to use the EYFS to plan for, and support the children’s development.
Candidate’s must be:
· Montessori qualified.
· A positive individual that loves working as a team.
· Experience of working with children.
· Organisational skills.
· Excellent communication skills and command of either English or French.
· Interpersonal skills.
· The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism.
· You will be a key person for approximately 8 children per day, supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing activities and materials
· Assisting with settling in new children following the Settling in Policy and guidelines contained in our Policies
· Taking the children through the classroom materials
· Planning for the key children in weekly planning meetings
· Having responsibility for recording relevant information in relation to your assigned key children’s progress. A lot of the regular paperwork cannot be done whilst with the children, and may need to be competed at home. This includes:
· Regular written observations for all your key children (and sometimes for other children)
· Weekly planning for your key children
· Weekly individual diaries for the parents for their key children (typed)
· Termly Individual Learning Plans for their key children (typed)
· Reports for the parents twice a year (typed)
· Supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing art activities for the younger children as appropriate and as may be requested by the Manager
· You will have shared responsibility for the Classroom & Daily Routine, for example:
· Maintaining the prepared environment and ensuring that the Home Corner is regularly changed, cleaned and maintained, and that wall displays are updated.
· Ensuring the children who need to go the bathroom are able to go
· Helping at circle time
· Ensuring the outside area is prepared as a learning environment with each of the areas of learning set up
· Any other duties normally associated with a full day-care provision, including preparation and serving of snacks, any washing-up and kitchen duties that occur after snack and lunchtimes, supervising the children and ensuring their safety in their outside play, assisting with taking the children to off-site play or other facilities.
· Take children to the park
· We require all our teachers to work in partnership with parents, for example:
· Informing parents in the evenings of what the individual children having been doing during each day
· Informing parents about any accidents or temperatures their child has
· Asking about each child’s interests and anything that they are doing at home to help with weekly planning
· Attending parent evenings alongside the Manager to discuss progress with the parents.
· Helping parents find clothes/items left at the nursery and helping with prams etc.
· Ensuring safeguarding and children’s welfare:
· Ensuring our safeguarding policy is followed. Our policy is never to have only one member of staff alone with the children in a room/space. Please ensure there are always two people in the room with children at all times, and that no mobile phones are used at any time.
· Ensure that you continually assess risks so you can manage them
· To ensure children’s allergies are accounted for, particularly at lunch times
· Noticing any fevers or accidents and immediately notifying the nursery manager, deputy manager & room leader – and in some cases calling the parent to make them aware.
· 38 hours week.
· 7 weeks paid holiday leave per year.
· 5 days sick pay leave per year.
· Free training.
· Social events.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £26,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Sick pay
- Unlimited paid holidays
- teaching: 2 years (Required)
- Montessori teacher: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Bilingual nurseries
Company Location: London