Molecular Biology Analyst Job at Dillon Engineering Services in County Roscommon
Molecular Biology Analyst
Our client, a major player in the global life science sector is looking to build a Molecular Biology Team to join their rapidly expanding workforce in Mayo. This is a permanent role and you will join a busy and progressive department.
You will be welcomed into a highly personable environment which is designed to enable professionals to make a major contribution to the development of pharmaceutical products and therapies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary which will be accompanied with health insurance, pension contribution and life assurance. Furthermore, your new employer will provide extensive training and support.
We are seeking a to work in and help establish new PCR Laboratories located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
This role shall report to the Molecular Biology Supervisor and the main duties & responsibilities shall be to assist the Department Manager in the following:
- Qualification and/or validation of all equipment for the new PCR Laboratories in accordance with GMP and corporate validation requirement standards and guidelines.
- Draw up SOPs and implement testing in strict accordance with these SOP(s) ensuring full GMP regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, test and procedures including isolation and analysis of DNA and RNA, PCR, Q-PCR, restriction endonuclease digestion agarose gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Establishment of Test Method SOPs and validation of methods, where appropriate.
Core duties shall include:
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Executions of Protocols and reports.
- Make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data, summarize data for reports and document all activities performed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Report results of experiments, test, and procedures and analyse data
- Carrying out test method procedures.
- Assist the Department Manager and/or Supervisor in addressing all departmental quality documents including audit responses, facility replies and deviation reports.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Participate in training as required.
- Update current standard operating procedures, if required.
- Assist in generation of risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Molecular Biology Analyst position.
- BSc or MSc a relevant science discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology)
- A minimum of 1 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in molecular biology methods, e.g. PCR and Q-PCR are highly desirable.
- Experience in method validation highly desirable.
- Knowledge of biosafety classifications and Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 572 of 2013) desirable.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scientific Research within a GMP industry: 1 year (Required)
- in molecular biology methods, e.g. PCR and Q-PCR: 1 year (Required)
- method validation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Knowledge of biosafety (S.I. No. 572 of 2013): 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Dillon Engineering Services
Company Location: County Roscommon