Molecular Biologist Supervisor Job at Dillon Engineering Services in County Galway
Molecular Biology Supervisor
Our client, a major player in the global life science sector is looking to build a Molecular Biology Team to join their rapidly expanding workforce in Mayo. This is a permanent role and you will join a busy and progressive department.
You will be welcomed into a highly personable environment which is designed to enable professionals to make a major contribution to the development of pharmaceutical products and therapies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary which will be accompanied with health insurance, pension contribution and life assurance. Furthermore, your new employer will provide extensive training and support.
We are seeking an experienced Molecular Biology Supervisor for our Biologics Division located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
The main duties & responsibilities shall be:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Molecular Biology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all client projects involving, but not limited to, bacterial cell line characterization, DNA hybridization assays, reverse transcriptase testing, lsoenzyme
- analysis, and PCR assays. Participate in and support cross functional communication and
- laboratory activities as necessary
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Responsible for providing feedback on performance to analysts working on Client specific projects.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Raw data review.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived according to Charles River Laboratories SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Molecular Biology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
- Assist in Test Item Receipt (LIMS), Storage, Disposal and Decontamination.
- Liaise with consultants and external services (e.g. subcontract laboratories) as appropriate.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that the laboratory areas and all equipment maintained in appropriate working conditions.
- Responsible for purchasing new equipment and spare/replacement parts as required.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of supplies (chemicals, consumables) needed for routine activities within the team.
- Scheduling daily tasks for all staff and ensuring appropriate workload is not exceeded.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Molecular Biology Supervisor position.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially PCR and Q-PCR and project management desirable.
- Experience in establishment and validation of molecular biology methods is highly desirable Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scientific Research within a GMP regulated enviro (EMEA/FDA): 3 years (Required)
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff: 1 year (Required)
- molecular biology techniques, PCR and Q-PCR & project mgt: 3 years (Preferred)
- establishment and validation of molecular biology methods: 2 years (Preferred)
- biosafety classifications and Regs (S.I. No. 572 of 2013): 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Dillon Engineering Services
Company Location: County Galway