Molecular Biologist Senior Job at Dillon Engineering Services in County Roscommon
Senior Molecular Biology Analyst
Our client, a major player in the global life science sector is looking to build a Molecular Biology Team to join their rapidly expanding workforce in Mayo. This is a permanent role and you will join a busy and progressive department.
You will be welcomed into a highly personable environment which is designed to enable professionals to make a major contribution to the development of pharmaceutical products and therapies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary which will be accompanied with health insurance, pension contribution and life assurance. Furthermore, your new employer will provide extensive training and support.
We are seeking a Senior Molecular Biology Analyst to work in and help to establish new PCR Laboratories located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
This role shall report to the Molecular Biology Supervisor and the main duties & responsibilities shall be to assist the Supervisor and Department Manager in the following:
Qualification and/or validation of all equipment for new PCR Laboratories in accordance with GMP and corporate validation requirement standards and guidelines.
- Draw up SOPs and implement testing in strict accordance with SOP(s) ensuring full GMP regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Interpret data and troubleshoot assays.
- Participate in the validation and qualification of molecular assays.
Core duties shall include:
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Generation of GMP compliant SOPs, Protocols and reports.
- Perform laboratory activities necessary for molecular biology testing including but not limited to reagent preparation, laboratory maintenance, generation of routine GMP reports and routine testing of client samples.
- Liaise with the Quality Department for the generation of all departmental quality documents including audit responses, facility replies and deviation reports.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Responsible for reporting progress information to Management.
- Provide technical training to team as required.
- Update current standard operating procedures.
- Generate risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Molecular Biology Analyst position.
- BSc or MSc a relevant science discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially PCR and Q-PCR and project management essential.
- Experience in establishment and validation of molecular biology methods is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of biosafety classifications and Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 572 of 2013) desirable.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scientific Research within a GMP regulated environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- molecular biology techniques, PCR and Q-PCR and project mgt: 3 years (Required)
- biosafety classifications Regs (S.I. No. 572 of 2013): 3 years (Preferred)
- establishment and validation of molecular biology methods: 3 years (Required)
Company: Dillon Engineering Services
Company Location: County Roscommon