Mobile App Developer Job at MyOxygen in Bristol
Mobile App Developer
MyOxygen – a well-established software company with over 12 years in mobile and web app development is looking for a talented Mobile App Developer.
MyOxygen is an award-winning software development company in Bristol, working since 2001 in partnership with enterprises across multiple sectors including Healthcare, Defence & Engineering, Energy, Agriculture, and Professional Services. We have designed, built and supported hundreds of amazing, intelligent and award-winning mobile applications for the likes of Kohler Mira, the NHS, Babcock, the MOD, Oxford University Press and many more. We believe in creating mobile and web applications that are not only highly useful and engaging to interact with, but that have the potential to improve someone’s quality of working or personal life.
Could this be You?
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, committed, passionate about mobile and web individual who has a drive and determination to succeed.
Join MyOxygen and you will be joining a growing company where you will be more than just an employee but part of our family. To us, MyOxygen and the world of mobile applications is a lifestyle, a community and a culture. We are a multi-national team who encourage voices to be heard and opinions to be shared. We are offering you an opportunity to work as part of a brilliant, talented and fun team where inspiration and a little bit of madness are encouraged.
You will have the opportunity to shape the business, as well as to work with cutting-edge technologies and on applications with ambitious and exciting roadmaps that change the way people work and live.
- Developing excellent software solutions with good levels of documentation
- Designing wireframes and other technical workflows
- Working with key stakeholders to define specifications and requirements
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- Expert knowledge of native frameworks (Android and iOS) and experience with native languages (Swift and Java/Kotlin)
- Demonstrable experience and familiarity with at least one cross-platform mobile technology (Flutter, React Native, Xamarin)
- Working with Xcode and Android Studio IDEs
- Comfortable owning the process of publishing apps to Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Expertise in best practice for testing and deploying mobile apps
- Automated testing with CI/CD tools such as Github Actions Software versioning with Git
- Working in an Agile environment
- Designing wireframes and flow diagrams from client requirements
- Front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Back-end frameworks such as Node.JS, CodeIgniter
- API specification (with tools such as Swagger)
- Database management with tools like MySQL
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
In addition to the skills above, the ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team
- Strong technical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Supportive and motivational to team members
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Empathetic, curious and asks questions
- Not afraid of responsibilities
Our bright and funky office overlooks Bristol’s Queen Square, is 10 min walk to Temple Meads station, 5 minutes to St’ Nicholas Market and all that Bristol city centre has to offer
Competitive salary dependant on experience and skill-set
32 days paid holiday per year
Opportunity for career development through training and conferences
Funded team social events and fun away days, flexible working
No micromanagement, no annual or bi-annual performance appraisals
If interested, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role by clicking on the apply button below.
MyOxygen can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
**STRICTLY NO UNSOLICITED CONTACT FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES**
Job Type: Full-time
Reference ID: myox-21-developer
Expected start date: 15/02/2021
Related keywords: software developer, developer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
All team members will be working from home until safe to return to the office
- software development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bristol, Bristol (Required)
Company Location: Bristol