Mobile A/C Maintenance Engineer, 12 Month FTC Job at Interserve in London
Interserve is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. Everything we do is shaped by our core values. We are a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for our clients and a great place to work for our people. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. Headquartered in the UK, we have gross revenues of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 68,000 people worldwide.
Purpose of the role
To complete but not limited to; air conditioning, electrical and general maintenance servicing and repair works to both plant and building assets, across a number of government sites.
This is mobile role covering the Taunton and surrounding areas.
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term position.
- Undertake air conditioning and general maintenance, including reactive repairs, servicing of systems and other appliances, installations and associated works.
- Ability to complete statutory monthly PPM related tasks, outside of core skill set, as directed by the Service Desk.
- Undertake all tasks in line with current legislation and H&S Guidelines.
- Ensuring all assigned PPM’s are completed on time and in line with the agreed schedule.
- Comply with Interserve and customer policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance staff as and when required.
- Comply with all company procedures including adherence with all health and safety requirements
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Adherence to company security policies in relation to the use of IT equipment.
- Competent use of computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information, including hours worked, for each work request.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holders own level of demonstrated competence.
- Liaise with all Interserve staff to ensure standards are maintained in both work and administrative areas.
- Part of On Call rota to provide out of office support as and when required by management.
- Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as required during the course of working shift.
- Be aware of Interserve Business Continuity Plan for area of business.
- Completion of any other task as directed by management.
Skills & Abilities
- NVQ Level 2 Refrigeration & Air conditioning
- NVQ Level 3 Refrigeration & Air conditioning (Desired)
- Fgas 2079 Cat 1
- 18th Edition
- Experience in a similar role
- Full Driving Licence
- Valid Passport.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently
- To be able to work on own initiative and as required, as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as required.
- Ability to prioritise own and teams work load accordingly.
- Ability to communicate to a high degree both verbally and written.
- Operational knowledge of Permit to Work system.
- Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders.
- Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Ability to work as part of an On Call rota.
- To represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- HSE management in accordance with our (Interserve) Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Due to contractual requirements, the ability to pass designated security clearances is a pre job offer requisite.
At Interserve, we support people and organisations to manage change – helping to create improved and better environments in places where people live and work.
Our direction and behaviours are underpinned by a set of core values:
Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a voice, so we listen and encourage openness. We value all views and opinions, we welcome discussion and we treat people as we, ourselves, would want to be treated – with respect and patience.
Take pride in what you do
Whatever the task in hand, everybody can and should take pride in a job well done – a job undertaken with care and done to the best of our abilities.
Bring better to life
We are all about believing we can do better. Asking questions, thinking differently, seeking solutions and creating ideas to support our customers and adding value.
Do the right thing
Doing the right thing means not accepting ‘that will do’, and not walking by when you could make a positive difference. The right thing also means the safe thing and the sustainable thing.
Competitive pension scheme
Competitive annual leave entitlement
MyInterserve – Company discount scheme offering discounts at high street retailers
Company Location: London