Microbiologist Job at Dillon Engineering Services in County Sligo
Our client, a major player in the global life science sector is looking to build a Molecular Biology Team to join their rapidly expanding workforce in Mayo. This is a permanent role and you will join a busy and progressive department.
You will be welcomed into a highly personable environment which is designed to enable professionals to make a major contribution to the development of pharmaceutical products and therapies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary which will be accompanied with health insurance, pension contribution and life assurance. Furthermore, your new employer will provide extensive training and support.
We are seeking an experienced Microbiologist for our Biologics Department located in Ballina, Co. Mayo. You shall be reporting to the Microbiology Department Manager.
The main duties & responsibilities shall be;
- Perform Endotoxin testing, Sterility testing, Efficacy of Antimicrobial Effectiveness test, Environmental Monitoring, Water testing, Microbial Limit testing, Bioburden testing
- Qualification/Validation of test methods
- Carry out Quality Control Checks
- Assist in Laboratory Investigations
- Trending of Laboratory Data
- Update SOP’s as required
- Provides training to other members of the Microbiology team as required
- Proactively identifies and implements Laboratory process improvements
The following are minimum requirements related to the Laboratory Technician position;
- BSc. in a relevant science discipline
- Some hands-on work experience in a regulated Microbiology Laboratory would be beneficial
- GMP experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Results and performance driven
- Strong analytical ability and associated problem solving
- Good time management and attention to detail
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of Word, Excel etc
Job Type: Full-time
- hands-on work experience in a regulated Micro Lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- GMP industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Endo, Sterility, Enviro, Water, Microbial Bioburden testing: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Dillon Engineering Services
Company Location: County Sligo