Mental Health Support Worker Baldock Job at Baldock Manor Hospital in Baldock
Are you passionate, caring, and love to help people achieve good outcomes? Then come along and join us on our journey to be an “Outstanding” service. Baldock Manor Hospital, the flagship of Nouvita Healthcare, is a 45-bed mental health hospital for adults in various settings (a Female PICU, Rehab and Elderly High Dependency Unit).
Nouvita Healthcare is technology driven, outcome focused and a growing care provider, made up of a hospital, nursing & residential care homes and supported living services and on a mission to provide personalised and effective care.
What Nouvita Healthcare can offer
- Excellent pay rates with appraisal-based increments.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- High street discounts via HCPA Academy
- Enhanced payment on overtime hours
- Free meals on sites
- Offsite free parking or 10 mins walk from nearest station.
- Structured career path with the support of onsite mentors/managers
- Opportunity of Level 2 and 3 health and social care qualification.
- Pension Contributions from Nouvita Healthcare
What Nouvita Healthcare requires from you
- Commitment and reliability
- Experience in health & social care
- Understanding of mental health
- A good level of written & verbal communication
- Comfortable with technology, smart phone, tablets and computers. We use an electronic patient records system
- Team player
- Flexible (able to work alternate weekends).
The role involves
- Providing excellent & meaningful engagement to our patients.
- Ability to understand patient’s needs and their interest.
- Helping them with their meals and fluid intakes.
- Supporting them with various activities as part of their treatment care plans.
- Recording observations, activities, food/fluid intake, behaviour traits on electronic patient record system.
- Ensuring their safety at all times from any kind of abuse.
Features of the role
- Rota: On rolling basis, Week1: Wed, Thu & Fri Week2: Mon, Tue Sat & Sun (fixed days of the week with alternate weekends)
- Day shift: 8am to 8.30pm Night Shift: 8pm to 8.30am
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.25 to £9.63 /hour
Company: Baldock Manor Hospital
Company Location: Baldock