MEI Teacher Support Administrator Job at MEI – in Trowbridge
MEI is a charity. It is an independent UK curriculum development body for mathematics and a membership organisation for teachers. It works to improve mathematics education by providing professional development for teachers, specialised tuition for students and extensive resources to support the teaching and learning of mathematics. MEI also promotes awareness of the importance of mathematics education. As part of its work, MEI manages the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP), a government-funded programme that provides universal access to students who wish to study AS/A level Further Mathematics and increase awareness and teacher expertise of the Core Maths qualification. The programme is operated throughout England by a team of 45 AMSP Area Coordinators, based around the country.
As part of an administration team based at our central office in Trowbridge, you will play a vital role in MEI’s operation by supporting and providing effective administration for the AMSP CPD support team. Your work will involve a variety of administrative tasks including liaising with AMSP Area Coordinators and AMSP management to support schools and students. As part of a new contract we are developing in house systems and a global events management database which is used to advertise and process course bookings, of which you will have a vital role in helping to develop. You have the chance to input into a growing organisation and we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a fun, fast paced, hardworking office.
Main duties and responsibilities The role may involve some or all of the duties below:
- Using an internal database to create and promote AMSP CPD courses, ensuring that up to-date details are displayed on the AMSP website.
- Recording course bookings and payments for a number of PD courses via an internal database.
- Issuing information and resources to course delegates and maintaining regular contact with teachers.
- Collating feedback and logging attendance for reporting purposes.
- Liaising with teachers, course presenters and colleagues within MEI.
- Sending mailings out to schools/colleges to advertise events.
- Inputting and maintaining accurate records of school data on our internal database.
- Accurate input of student and school data onto an internal database.
- Responding to requests for information via phone or email.
- Updating administration documents and procedures when appropriate.
- Internal audits (full training will be provided).
- Other work of a similar nature as required, including general office duties.
Person Specification Essential:
- Previous experience of general administration.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- The desire and commitment to provide excellent service.
- The ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, by telephone, and using a range of written media, with a good standard of English and a confident and courteous manner.
- The confidence and ability to organise and prioritise your own work, ensuring that agreed plans are completed in good time and using initiative to solve problems that arise.
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Self-motivated. Quick to learn and willing to develop new skills.
- Willing and able to undertake occasional visits to other locations.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, as would experience of working in an educational setting and an interest in mathematics and/or education.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Experience within database/systems development.
- A level in Mathematics.
Application deadline: 06/08/2021
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 6th August – please note, applications may close early if a suitable applicant is found.
Interviews will take place online on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th August.
All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, as well as other appropriate clearances.
Please note, if you do not hear back from us, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Special Conditions: This post may involve occasional time away to take part in conferences that may fall on a Saturday. Please note: during covid-19 you will be working from home.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,800.00-£20,600.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: MEI –
Company Location: Trowbridge