Medical Secretary Job at Windsor Dermatology Ltd in Bourne End
Consultant (doctor) working in the private medical sector.
A private medical consultant is looking for an experienced full-time medical secretary. They will be required to provide patient-friendly and effective secretarial duties.
· To act as the point of contact for patients (and occasionally health professionals), mostly on the telephone
· Booking of appointments, filing the medical case notes correctly, general and flexible administrative support to the consultant, typing of clinical letters (or this may be outsourced), billing (or this may be outsourced)
· Whilst medical work will occupy the great majority of the responsibilities, up to 10% of work may be non-medical; performing varied activities in order to free up the time of the consultant. It is therefore a ‘Personal Assistant’ role
· Oversight of the website (previous experience of this is not required, but a willingness to learn this is an example of the flexibility required for the job)
Skills and experience required:
· Minimum of two years medical secretary experience; familiarity with work in the private sector is desirable
· Telephone manner that is very friendly and welcoming. An ability to communicate with patients incorporating diplomacy, honesty and absolute discretion
· An ability to type excellent clinical letters, that do not have spelling mistakes etc., is desirable
· The capability, confidence, temperament and self-motivation to work independently. This is a solo role in which the only contact with others during the working day is on the telephone
· Clarity in emails
· Ability to understand financial matters
· Computer literacy essential; MS Word/Excel, etc.
· Proactive attitude, reliability, flexibility, accuracy, attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Medical Secretary: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Windsor Dermatology Ltd
Company Location: Bourne End