Mechanical Engineer Job at CBRE – in London
London – England – United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all Mechanical systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of all Mechanical systems on site and have confidence to fault find working alone and good communication skills to report findings.
Shift pattern 4on 4off
8am to 8pm
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To deliver the following:
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical (when required) plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Delivery of PPM to HTM, BS, HBN and SFG standards.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Shift handover documents completed and all other paperwork relevant to tasks completed.
- Take a lead role in technical problems alongside M&E manager and supervisor.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors and representatives.
- Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE Managed Services is presented to the client
- Ensure up to date shift logs are kept at all times.
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE Managed services are locked at all times and are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- To undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, e.g Concept, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures and the client’s requirements.
- Any other task as directed by the account management team.
- Accountable to Supervisor and Management team
- The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff
- This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Good all round knowledge of Mechanical systems, diagnostic and repair procedures, working knowledge of building services systems and maintenance schedules.
§ Time served apprenticeship (preferred)
§ Mechanical formal qualifications C&G or equivalent.
§ Strong knowledge of BMS systems
§ Strong knowledge of other services (L8, LTHW, Heating systems, PU units, MCC panels, HVAC)
§ AP qualifications ideal
§ Hospital environment experience desirable
§ Fault finding ability.
§ DBS essential
§ IT literate
Education A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken
Basic Mathematics skills
Training Formally trained in Mechanical systems C&G level 3 minimum
Experience [Essential] Experience of maintaining all relevant Mechanical equipment to clearly defined criteria. Hospital or Healthcare experience preferred.
Aptitudes Good verbal communication skills
Good written English skills
Character Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
Calm manner, able to work under pressure. Able to make sound decisions when needed
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components.
Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment. Able to work at heights
A team player, able to work with CBRE Managed Services and Client representatives at all levels
Circumstances Must be willing to provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns
Company: CBRE –
Company Location: London