Mechanical Design Engineer Job at Rotech Machines Ltd in Welwyn Garden City
Mechanical Design Engineer
Rotech Machines is a leading manufacturer of packaging machinery and supplier of coding and marking systems in a variety of sectors, notably pharmaceutical, food and medical device. Our innovative systems, designed and built at our Welwyn Garden City headquarters are sold extensively throughout the UK and around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work as part of our design and development department on a full-time, permanent basis.
Core responsibilities of role:
- Produce design specifications for new machinery
- Work with SolidWorks to produce designs for new and existing equipment
- Develop a detailed understanding of 3D printing as it relates both to production and to prototyping
- Produce prototype and pre-production systems
- Support both production and after-sales support functions with technical knowledge of equipment
- Develop an understanding of the control systems used (PLC, HMI etc.)
- Maintain documentation as necessary
The successful candidate will have a good grasp of mechanical design concepts along with a good knowledge of 3D drafting systems, ideally SolidWorks and detailing to BS8888. This is a “hands-on” role, so good practical skills and the ability to works as part of an engineering team are essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Mechanical Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- A-Level or equivalent (Required)
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1AJ (Preferred)
Company: Rotech Machines Ltd
Company Location: Welwyn Garden City