Marketing Manager Job at Active Reality Limited – in Bath
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a rapidly growing startup in the gaming industry? We are looking for people with a passion for gaming who can be part of spreading the word about us, growing our member base & representing us as a brand ambassador.
Are you a natural marketeer, business developer, persuasive, outgoing, personable?
A growth mindset is a must. This is the launchpad of an exciting career journey in a cutting-edge start-up, with world-changing ambitions & the chance to grow as part of our team.
If you have a passion for gaming this could quite possibly be your dream job!
ActiveReality (AR) are the pioneers of active location-based virtual reality (VR) and Virtual Reality eSports leagues.
ActiveReality is a fully immersive VR experience. Players enter the AR Arena, where your body is your only controller. You are transported to a huge virtual world where you can play, compete, run, jump and even ‘high five’.
Our three main customer groups are students, Corporates & kids aged 10 upwards.
We are just starting on our journey but are already present in three of the UK’s largest Leisure Centre operators & also piloting with major holiday sites in the South-West.
As Marketing Manager you’ll be responsible for growing our member base in Bath & Bristol, driving bookings through Marketing, Sales & promotional activity.
In addition, you’ll be supporting our Management team as we setup & manage our venues including acting as a brand rep – hosting our customers & making sure they have an awesome time.
Each gameplay is an opportunity to create a loyal customer, capture recommendations & make our players a part of how we grow by accessing their network.
You will be out in the field, growing our business, connecting with new clients, working from our AR venues.
The key responsibilities include:
- Executing a range of Marketing, Sales & promotional activity across Bath & Bristol with the key objective to drive awareness, booking & members
- Hosting bookings at our venues in Bath & Bristol to ensure great experiences & unlock growth through our existing customers
- Bringing energy and quick thinking to the role
- Managing our existing games rooms, ensuring that Virtual Reality rooms are ready for our customers – equipment is working, the room is clean & up to our high COVID standards
- Interacting with our customers, making sure everything is taken care of, training them on how to use the equipment
- Managing any customer issues in a professional & timely manner
- Interacting with our partners (venue owners) ensuring we have a strong relationship, that any issues are quickly resolved, offering training & support to their staff
- Proven experience in Marketing, Sales or Promotional activity
- You have to be able to drive & be based in the Bath or Bristol area
- Creative thinking, idea generator – how else can we grow our business with our target market
- Interest, or preferably a passion for gaming
- Comfortable around new technology & an ability to quickly learn about new hardware & software
- You are energetic, persuasive, competitive & highly personable – you are the face of our business
- You may have one year experience, you may have five – we are after someone who is the right fit for the role
- Resilience & a willingness to throw yourself at new challenges to grow our member base
- Everyone says it but we mean it – we want someone that has a can-do attitude, turns themselves to any task & always approaches the role with a positive vibe
- An independent & autonomous mindset – we want someone who can be given direction & then get on with it, a problem solver, come up with new ideas
- Flexibility – we are a start-up & the next two years will see rapid growth & expansion across the UK, there will be some early starts, late evenings, weekends. You are will be part of the founding team so it’s down to you to make it happen
- We can’t promise this will be an easy job, but we can promise it will be bags of fun and an engine of personal and professional development
In return we are offering a fantastic package:
- The salary will be highly competitive based on your experience, skills & career stage
- Annual performance related bonus
- Flexible working that starts with the business needs but can also fit around your lifestyle
- Free ActiveReality membership – as much Virtual Reality game play as you can handle
If you’re looking for a new role & think this could be the right challenge for you then we would love to hear from you. Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile & a short message about what makes you awesome!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Commission pay
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Willingness to travel:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Active Reality Limited –
Company Location: Bath
Job Category: Marketing