Manufacturing Engineer Job at the Rooflight Company in Chipping Norton
37 ½ hours per week (full time, permanent) c.£30,000 full time
Shipton-under-Wychwood / Bourton-on-the-Water / Home
Production engineer, manufacturing engineer, bespoke design engineer. Are you right for us – are we right for you?
An exciting opportunity with a values-led, forward thinking company.
Founded 25 years ago, the Rooflight Company is a successful, employee-owned West Oxfordshire business with 65 employees, designing and manufacturing rooflights and roof windows for the UK architect, building and homeowner markets.
The Rooflight Company is not a typical organisation. We are open and communicate clearly and regularly with each other. We recognise and value the strengths each person brings to the team. We continuously challenge the norm to make improvements. We implement change focused on improving the experience for our customers. This has been endorsed by our recent WOBA award as 2020 Employer of the Year.
Our mission, in line with our guiding principles, is to position the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, know what the customer wants, where we add value and profitably deliver on this.
As our Manufacturing Engineer, you will work between two distinct areas of the company: Bespoke Engineering and Product Innovation. The role holder must be proficient in Computer Aided Design (CAD) techniques, having demonstrable SolidWorks skills and must be able to apply these skills in a consultative customer-facing environment. You will need to think laterally, to solve one-off customer design problems and innovatively through the integration of new products within the core business. Reporting to the Bespoke Design Manager, with regular secondments within the Product Innovation Team, you must have the skills and confidence to work independently, whilst delivering solutions within the company’s project management framework.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing / Production Engineer to join this successful, growing, values-led, customer-focused organisation and become an employee-owner.
Interested? Then apply on our website https://www.therooflightcompany.co.uk/about/recruitment
- Creation and delivery of fabrication ready bespoke designs for manufacture and assembly, measured by Customer satisfaction, On-time, right first-time delivery, manufacturing build time, quality and cost targets together with production team feedback.
- Assisting manufacturing infrastructure setup and changes and integrating new products within the business, measured by manufacturing build time, build cost, quality standards targets, right first time and production team feedback.
- Delivery of a consultative technical design service, including technical product support, measured by service levels, right first time and quality standards targets.
- Product specification integration within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, measured by parts generation to specification, bill of materials generation to specification, bill of operations generation to specification and supplier specifications generation to specification
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a production engineer / manufacturing engineer / product development engineer.
· Demonstrable experience of SolidWorks 2D/3D CAD essential.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals (5S, Kaizen etc) desirable.
· Used to working to agreed project management methods (e.g. PRINCE2).
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Flexible, energetic, with a sense of urgency and a result-driven approach to working.
· An organised individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Ideally, you will also have building product / architect / construction industry experience.
The Rooflight Company?
We see ourselves as a company where each co-owner cares passionately about the products and services we provide and whose collective mission is in line with our guiding principles,
‘To position the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, know what the customer wants, where we add value and profitably deliver on this.’
You’ll find a strong sense of community here, a community that is experienced by our valued customers, stretches out to our global supply partners, unites our trusted advisors and touches other values-led businesses.
Everything we do is underpinned by our values and the 12 values statements, which you will begin to learn, experience and use regularly not only in your role, but maybe in everyday life.
To truly position the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, we need capable and empowered people, operating within high performing teams. That’s where you come in!
Your personal and professional development is key to our future, and we will do our best to ensure that you have all the skills and knowledge you need.
And it’s not all hard work – we play hard too and organise a variety of social and charity activities throughout the year.
Reference ID: Mechanical Engineer
Application deadline: 03/12/2020
Expected start date: 01/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£30,500.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Sick pay
- Work from home
All co-owners at The Rooflight Company work in bubbles and follow strict COVID guidelines,
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- SOLIDWORKS 3D (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Company: the Rooflight Company
Company Location: Chipping Norton