Maintenance Engineer Job at Stakapal Ltd in Cannock
Stakapal is an established manufacturer of storage racking based in Norton Canes, Cannock. Due to the imminent retirement of a long serving member of staff, we have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our small production team.
As the Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery, carrying out and overseeing routine maintenance and repairs on machines such as guillotines, press brakes, roll forming, welding (mig) and power presses. You will also be involved with control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
Your role is vital to the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing. You will improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carry out routine maintenance work and respond to equipment faults
- Diagnose breakdown problems
- Fit new parts and make sure equipment is working correctly
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaise with customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings and components
- Control maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitor and control maintenance costs
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Ensure health and safety legislation is adhered to and improve health and safety policies and procedures where necessary
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC) which you will be able to design and programme
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- An understanding of pre-treatment and powder coating plant
This is a hands-on role within a factory environment and you will need to be organised and self motivated with a flexible and positive attitude. You will have good communication skills and be proficient using computer systems, especially Microsoft Excel and programmable logic controllers. There is also some foreign travel required during the course of your duties.
Ideally you will either have a BEng in a relevant subject, ie, electrical/electronic or mechanical engineering or hold a BTEC or City & Guilds Certificate in Maintenance Engineering or Engineering together with proven experience in a similar role. You will also be competent working with all electrical systems – 240v single phase up to 415v three phase.
The standard working hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday but you will be required to work additional hours when needed. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with your skills and relevant experience.
No agencies please
Expected start date: 04/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- programming and designing programmable logic controllers: 2 years (Required)
- working with all electrical systems (240v to 415v): 2 years (Required)
- factory maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Certificate of Higher Education (Required)
- fork lift truck (Required)
Company: Stakapal Ltd
Company Location: Cannock