LIVE-IN CARER TO SUPPORT PHYSICALLY DISABLED FEMALE, 42, WITH SHIELDING Job at Kirsty Read in Norwich
LIVE-IN CARER REQUIRED TO SUPPORT PHYSICALLY DISABLED FEMALE, 42, WITH SHIELDING
To start 15th December.
Norwich city centre.
£1,155 / week (£1,485 for Christmas week)
2 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Hi, my name’s Kirsty, and I’m offering a temporary position for a live-in carer / domestic. I am clinically extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. This position will therefore be available, on a 2 week on / 2 week off basis, until such time as I get jabbed with a vaccine. Due to the risks associated with asymptomatic transmission, this position also requires you to shield yourself on your weeks off. This means that there can be no contact with anyone outside your household, either for yourself or anyone that you live with. Given that the ideal candidate must be prepared to totally self-isolate during their weeks off, this might not be something that you are able to commit to, so please do fully consider whether you are able to sufficiently mitigate your own personal risk in order to protect me.
What the job involves:
– Personal care – all help with getting up, going to bed, hoisting, washing, dressing, toileting, etc (what I tell people who haven’t done this sort of work before is that whatever you do for yourself, I need doing for me).
– Domestic – cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing, etc.
– I need someone around at all times, therefore the position is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a fair amount of ‘down time’, so you’ll need an indoor hobby! Carers are provided with their own bedroom, and all other facilities are shared only with myself. Working fortnights are alternate, so you would be living with me for two weeks, Tuesday to Tuesday, then you would go to your own home to allow my other carer to move in for this time.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Excellent English.
- No criminal record.
- Availability for work for roughly 3 months.
- Good physical health – strong upper-body, and no history of back problems.
- Flexibility – prepared to provide holiday cover and emergency cover in case of sickness.
- Sociable and friendly.
- Good at keeping yourself entertained.
- Boys or girls considered.
- Experience is not a requirement, although you must be a fast learner.
A bit more about me:
As we live together, the relationship between myself and my carers is obviously quite close. Therefore it is important that we get on well. Just so you get a bit of a better idea about who I am, here is some more stuff…
Born in 1978 with a condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (Type II), I have been in an electric wheelchair all my life. I have full feeling throughout my whole body but I have very limited strength in my muscles. I need a carer to help me live independently in my flat in Norwich.
- Family and friends – important to me. Love them and (in normal times!) see them often.
- I’m quite a happy person, and am not interested in sulkers. I consider myself to be a good communicator, and appreciate this in others.
- I’ve got a degree in English Literature, and although I pretend to like reading, TV is better.
- TV – love it, and watch far too much of it… Downton, This Is Us, Fleabag, House, Sherlock, Criminal Minds, Spooks, Dexter, CSI, Suits, Utopia, Breaking Bad… you get the idea. I also enjoy a bit of filthy reality TV, or a good documentary about weird stuff / people.
- Music – Ed Sheeran, Damien Rice, Jack Johnson, Lily Allen, James, Killers, Mumford & Sons, the Lumineers, Paulo Nutini, Passenger, George Ezra, 60s, 80s, cheesy pop.
- I’m quite a home bunny. I like my computer, and can spend hours pottering on it. Which is a very good job, given the current situation!
If you are interested, please send me a message telling me a bit about yourself. I’ll then get back in touch with any applicants who catch my eye, and if I shortlist you for an interview then we can use the magic of the airwaves to have a chat and get to know each other a bit better. Thanks for reading me, and I look forward to hearing from you…
Contract length: 3 months
Expected start date: 15/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £1,155.00 per week
- Supporting and assisting with all personal care requirements
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Observing and reporting any changes in the health or status of the patient
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing meals and feeding patients
- Maintaining patient’s health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Prompting and administering medication
- Accompanying and transporting patients to appointments and/or social events
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
Company: Kirsty Read
Company Location: Norwich