Light Aid Detachment Clerical Assistant Job at UK Government – Ministry of Defence in Chivenor
It is essential that candidates have a basic mechanical understanding to aid with the position held. Most of the training required can be “In House” with respect to TDOL, JAMES & FEMIS and documentation but previous experience would be beneficial.
1. Must be able to use FEMIS to Raise; Warranty Repair, Equipment Failure Reports (EFR), Job indents (1045’s), Damage Reports and Condemnation Certificates (1043’s).
2. Utilise JAMES to raise jobs from the inspections bay and close jobs when required, must complete “Own Use” training package on JAMES to have visibility of all work within the LAD.
3. Must liaise with LAD stores accountants to process all equipment stores demands and frequently check on placed demands to ensure efficiency within the LAD.
4. Warranty liaison between 1st and 2nd line also contacting and raising E-mails between the required companies. Must be able to complete the required paperwork to be processed for warranty claims (AFG 8800).
5. Raise miscellaneous jobs through ES SQN PPC as required.
6. Update the MOD register on a monthly basis from TDOL, Email and signals received.
7. Manage Technical Documents on Line (TDOL), control all printed publication through the TDOL register, as all printed publications/controlled copies are only valid for 28 days.
8. Close liaison with the inspections bay to predict work load ad requirements especially during leave periods.
9. Front of house with respect to dealing with all of the regimental MT requests this includes equipment requirements, defects and daily updates with work progression.
10. Clerical duties to include archiving of all relative paperwork produced and updating the master vehicle board on a daily basis.
11. Control the workload for civilian colleagues during leave periods.
12. Must have a basic understanding of all MT documentation and servicing/inspection requirements for all equipment types.
13. Collect and return all mail from the post office on a daily basis.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Company: UK Government – Ministry of Defence
Company Location: Chivenor