Learning Experience Designer Job at The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants in London EC2M
Summary of Role
The Learning Experience Designer will be responsible for: design, development, administration, and implementation of learning programs. The Learning Experience Designer will design the instructional content for all deliverables, work with SMEs/authors to obtain the information to be taught and organize it into logical, instructional patterns that are appropriate for the culture and level of expertise of the learners. This position performs a challenging range of complex activities including planning, analysis, and design of instructor-led and technology enabled learning solutions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and update a variety of course content learning solutions (e-learning, Instructor-led training, virtual training sessions, and self-study programs)
- Drive overall learning design approach to ensure learning occurs by conducting assessments and analysis to identify learning needs and recommend training methods accordingly to ensure desired outcomes.
- Ensure that the instructional design of deliverables address the instructional needs of the learners by leading assessments of audience/learners needs and applying behavioral and cognitive science to course design
- Assure that training solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory by monitoring and practicing the latest trends and techniques in adult learning and incorporating them into course designs.
- Work with Content Development Managers, authors, and SMEs to develop learning products
- Design courses to comply with both organizational and national standards
- Create storyboards and communicate design ideas with Multimedia personnel
- Design and produce facilitator and participant guides
- Design and produce PowerPoint presentations
- Design and develop instructor lead activities and case study breakout sessions
- Write and/or edit storyboard scripts for video and learning module development.
- Consult with content owners to develop content for learning objectives.
- Facilitate content and quality assurance reviews
- Consult as instructional design SME for various learning products and tools
- Guide usability design for a variety of projects by monitoring latest trends in UI and interface design and incorporating as appropriate into designed learning products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to design and work on multiple projects with rapid development deadlines
- Experience designing and developing blended learning including, Web-Based Training, Instructor-Led Training and virtual training
- Experience with working with multimedia and graphic design professionals during the course development process
- Experience working with SMEs in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with developing, monitoring and managing project plans
- Knowledge of rapid design/development methodologies
- Knowledge of instructional objectives, instructional strategy models, blended learning solutions, learning object methodology, and measurement standards
- Knowledge of Instructional Systems Design Methodology, Adult Learning Theory
- Knowledge of industry standard learning technologies (i.e. serious games, virtual learning platforms, LMS, graphics programs, rapid development tools)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and technical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally under pressure
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage multiple development projects and deadlines
- Software Proficiency
- Certification within the Training and Development body of knowledge preferred (i.e., ATD, eLearning Guild, DDI, etc.)
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 3-5 years’ experience in the design and development of instructional material including experience with Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluations and Blooms Taxonomy
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Familiarity with the accounting profession a plus
- Master’s degree in Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £67,000.00 /year
- designing: 4 years (Preferred)
- design and development: 4 years (Required)
- multimedia: 4 years (Preferred)
- develop learning products: 4 years (Preferred)
Company: The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Company Location: London EC2M